Affordable Property Management Inc. is seeking a full time, live-in Superintendent to work at a 128-unit Non-Profit Housing Corporation in downtown Toronto (Front and Church). This position reports to the Property Manager and works Monday to Friday with some evenings required for Board meetings and community events.
Position Description:The Superintendent is responsible for working with building machinery/equipment such as emergency generators, heating/boiler systems, makeup air units, circulating pumps, etc.
· Maintain the Corporation’s buildings, grounds, and equipment in a good state of cleanliness and repair.
· Perform daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections and regular maintenance of the common areas of the building including the boiler room, mechanical room, electrical room, elevator room, and garbage room, as well as fire safety equipment and exterior grounds.
· Work with Property Management to determine maintenance priorities and make minor repairs to heating, plumbing, and electrical items, and general repairs, as required.
· Provide access for trade’s people and emergency services, and supervise trades people’s work and make reports to Property Management.
· Maintain a daily log and record work orders completed, trades people who came to perform work and other important information.
· Respond in writing to maintenance requests/work orders from tenants within three days, and either perform the work or communicate plans for repair.
· Perform daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of the building’s common areas as assigned.
· Clean and maintain the aboveground or underground parking areas.
· Perform lawn maintenance outside of contract.
· Maintain garbage room, chute rooms, and recycling bins; put out waste for pick-up and recycling; and, open/close garbage chute rooms and laundry room during specified hours.
· Perform unit inspections and repair and clean vacant units.
· Maintain an inventory of all tools, equipment, replacement parts and supplies.
· Distribute notices and correspondence to tenants.
· Respond to complaints and disturbances in a timely fashion.
· Work with the security tenant and assist in training for building systems, emergency procedures and administrative procedures.
· Work on an on-call basis for emergencies after normal working hours.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
$30,000 to $33,000, plus 50% rent for one-bedroom unit with solarium located on the second floor with parking and cable included.
Please note that this position will remain posted until filled and only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00-$33,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person