Lead and grow your own team! Be a Key member of our IT Leadership team.
You will oversee both the strategic and operational aspects of infrastructure. You will lead our IT infrastructure team and oversee governance and provisioning strategies including ’infrastructure as code’. You will be responsible to ensure Prospera is getting the best value out of our Azure and O365 environments and formulate alignment with our industry regulations. You will lead the deployment of IT cloud infrastructure and maintain and support our networks, servers, and storage. If this sounds like your next role, apply today.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create and establish an infrastructure and cloud strategy to support Prospera’s technology roadmap.
- Lead and execute on network infrastructure strategic roadmap initiatives that are aligned with Prospera’s vision, and strategic plan.
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies and cloud services to enhance efficiency, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage key initiatives to optimize infrastructure and cloud performance, reliability, and availability.
- Oversee the management of on-premises and cloud data center infrastructure, including servers, networking equipment, storage solutions, and virtualization technologies.
- Lead initiatives to optimize infrastructure and cloud performance, reliability, and availability.
- Supervise all IT team member activity in support, maintenance, and enhancement of IT infrastructure.
- Oversee the procurement, development, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Manage the relationship and performance of vendor/partner relationships.
- Lead, coach, and mentor your IT infrastructure team and create training and career opportunities.
What you will bring to our role
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information systems or relevant qualification.
- +6 years of Infrastructure engineering / operations experience working in an IT Infrastructure role and using a variety of technology including cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge in regulatory requirements and industry standards for data security and compliance.
- 6 years’ leadership experience leading and coaching an IT team and working in an agile/lean environment.
- Proven expertise in vendor and partner management.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft operating systems and IT fundamentals including DNS, DHCP, OSI, cloud (public/private/hybrid models), data center management, general database technologies, mobile devices and mobile device management.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering technology roadmaps and creating and delivering solutions to a business.
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and partner with stakeholders.
License and certifications that are considered an asset for this role:
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE)
- Cisco certified network professional (CCNP)
- Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL)
- Project management professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft certified solutions associate/expert (MCSA/MCSE)
Prospera Credit Union is a community-based, purpose-driven organization that offers a full range of financial products and services. Prospera is British Columbia’s fourth-largest credit union, with $9 billion in assets and 120,000 members. With 26 branches, Prospera is proud to serve communities from Vancouver, through the Fraser Valley, and to the Okanagan. It’s our vision to help build vibrant healthy communities, thriving local enterprises, and financially empowered people.
- Cultivate trusting relationships: We are local at heart, aligned in our purpose to help our members, communities, and team thrive.
- Empower and enable others: We give each other the space, trust, and tools to succeed.
- Lead with curiosity: We approach all circumstances with curiosity and a drive for continuous learning and improvement.
- Embrace change and execute with purpose: We plan with agility, take action, and pivot to deliver results.
- Thrive as One Team: We collaborate because it strengthens us.
What’s in it for you?
- Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: All team members are valued, respected, and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives.
- Training and Support. We set our employees up for success with training and continued support and access to resources throughout employment.
- Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development, and we want to see you soar.
- Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees, and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
- Show me the money! We offer competitive pay, a personalized benefits program, and a generous defined contribution pension plan.
- Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We participate in many community minded activities throughout the year.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity, equity and inclusion is part of everything we do, and we’re on a continuous journey to ensure every employee and members feels like they #BelongAtProspera.
If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Join TeamLocal. Apply today with your cover letter and resume.
Applications close on Friday October 6th, 2023.