3C Information Solutions (3CIS), specializes in bringing communication solutions to remote locations for resource development companies, government, cellular, construction, indigenous bands, and more. Headquartered in Edmonton Ab, 3CIS is currently looking for an experienced structural design engineer, preferably with telecommunications tower experience, to join our team.
Reporting to senior management, the Structural Design Engineer is primarily responsible for the preliminary and detailed design of guyed towers, monopoles, self-support towers, masts, foundations, steel structures and supporting buildings.
- Perform preliminary and detailed structural analysis and design for variety of small, medium, and large-scale projects.
- Perform site visits and inspections to monitor project progress, address any design related issues, and ensure that the construction aligns with the approved plans and specifications.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges that arise during the design and construction phases to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Ensure compliance with national and provincial building codes and regulations, and industry safety standards.
- Prepare various documents and reports as requested by clients and senior management.
- Assure compliance with company policies, contracts, and applicable laws.
- Perform project management duties to see projects through from conception to implementation.
- Supervise the work of the civil engineering technologists, provide guidance on specifications and drawings.
- Be the responsible member representing 3CIS for APEGA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industrial structural design.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta (required).
- Experience working with National and AB Building Codes.\Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other structural design software.
- Capable of managing and working on several projects in different stages.
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel occasionally.
- Previous experience with telecommunication towers is a definite asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
This is an in-person role, based in Edmonton Ab.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$50.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- communications tower design: 2 years (required)
- APEGA Professional Engineer (P.Eng) (required)
Work Location: In person