We have a lot to be proud of at Ventana Construction. As a full-service construction partner, our goal is to deliver the best building and the best service possible for our clients. Our tag line, “Relationships to build on” is a philosophy that we truly believe in, and we encourage our team to practice every day. Building and maintaining strong relationships is vital to our success. Recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our company values as we continue to be a leader in this industry.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver top-notch client service in a collaborative work environment. The high performing, values driven atmosphere provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career at Ventana. Being a part of Ventana means working on a variety of interesting projects including breweries and recreation complexes, working with a supportive team, and being proud to say, “we built that”.
As a Construction Superintendent you will oversee the entire construction process on site. You will be responsible for creating and monitoring project momentum, scheduling, quality control, safety, and delegating work to the project team and sub-contractors. You are a dynamic leader who can manage people just as effectively as construction activities. You will report directly to the General Superintendent who oversees the performance of all our projects.
Ventana site locations are spread across the Greater Vancouver area so site locations may vary.
As a Construction Superintendent your key accountabilities will involve:
- Review and maintain documentation and drawings, complete daily site reports, POs, and project photos.
- Review and enforce sub-contractor contracts and identify discrepancies in scopes of work.
- Monitor expenditures effectively, review invoices in detail, and manage labour and material costs according to the project budget and underlying estimate.
- Manage all required municipal and provincial inspections.
- Supervise and develop site team members through regular feedback, training, and coaching.
- Order materials and equipment and request sufficient manpower throughout the project to maintain schedule and productivity.
- Prepare and maintain construction schedules and advise project team of potential problems, work interferences, and scheduling difficulties or deviations from the overall schedule, and assist in resolving any conflicts.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel on site, monitor safety performance, and oversee the Site HSE Coordinator.
- Adhere to Ventana’s quality standards, monitor the performance of sub-contractors, and implement techniques to ensure quality issues are addressed proactively.
As a Construction Superintendent your success is dependent on:
The ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced, deadline driven environment
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to build solid long-lasting relationships
- The ability to anticipate problems and solve proactively
- Close attention to detail, are observant
- You have a high degree of professionalism and maturity
- You have strong time management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks
- Able to problem solve with a strong technical mindset
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond to problems in a friendly and solution-oriented manner.
- You have people management skills and have been in a leadership environment.
As a Construction Superintendent your experience and qualifications will include:
Minimum of 10 years of construction supervision experience, preferably with a general contractor.
- Trade background with progressive experience in general contracting
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration.
- Experience working on a project valued at $50 million plus.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary, plus potential bonus & profit sharing
- Matching RRSP
- Extended benefits, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, AD&D, LTD, CI
- Paid vacation
- Professional development support
- Lunch provided once per month
- We get together often for company-wide social events
- COR certified