Our Equation for Success
Over the last 30 years Gyptech (Gypsum Technologies Inc.) has become a global leader in the design, construction, commissioning and servicing of wallboard equipment and plaster plants.
We believe: Hard work + Innovation + Technical/Industry Expertise + Passion = Excellence
Our team of highly experienced management, engineering, operations and manufacturing professionals guarantees success through innovative design, manufacturing and a commitment to exceeding customer expectations. We have big plans for growth and are on the lookout for the best talent to help make them happen.
What We Offer
The value of rewards our employees receive goes well beyond a regular pay cheque. We provide:
- Competitive compensation with benefits
- Company supported continuing education and opportunities for growth
- Participation in developing industry-leading innovation with the freedom to be creative and take initiative
- Phenomenal team driven to be the best (while still having fun!)
- A state of the art, modern work environment
- A collaborative organizational structure which encourages input and feedback from all employees
- Casual work atmosphere and a flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to travel and work on exciting and challenging large-scale, global projects
What You’ll Do
Gyptech is seeking an Electrical Engineer to research and design control panels & automated control systems within the Electrical Hardware Design team. Your role will involve:
- Participating in kick off meetings to determine project scope, requirements, deliverables, budget, costing and schedules
- Working with the Mechanical Design team to confirm design details
- Researching and analyzing requirements and technical specifications to satisfy end-user requirements
- Developing the equipment motor lists (e.g. room designation, loading, single line diagrams, VFD sizing, detailed electrical calculations, etc.) and device lists
- Producing design documents, schematics, and process control diagrams
- Designing and developing drive panels & PLC control panels that meet customer specifications
- Providing onsite installation, troubleshooting, debugging, commissioning and maintenance support for systems in the field.
This position is based out of our head office in Burlington with a requirement for regular international travel.
What You Offer
- An Electrical Engineering or related Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience with 5+ years of experience designing low voltage power distribution drive panels & PLC control panels. A P.Eng. license is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of EPLAN (version 2.0 or above) and/or AutoCAD Electrical software for design and development of industrial electrical projects and documentation is a must
- Knowledge of Electrical Codes - NFPA79, NEC, CEC, CSA and IEC/EN as well as Panel Design Standard UL5 08A is an asset
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies
- Motivated and effective team player
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse workload and meet deadlines under changing conditions
Gypsum Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. If you require accommodation of disability in the application or interview process please contact us. The application package is available in accessible format upon request.
A Bit More About Us
With offices in North America, Europe and South America, we have been responsible for supplying the equipment for the majority of new production volumes over the last decade. Our experience designing and commissioning equipment globally, means that we are prepared to meet the unique requirements presented by each of our customers. Our wallboard plants serve a variety of production capacities and surpass expectations of safety, quality and performance in any market.
For additional information on our organization, please visit www.gypsumtechnologies.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burlington, ON