Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Systems Testing/QA Specialist-Senior to join our dynamic team for our client.
- Assist QA leads with all aspects of QA testing and reconciliation to ensure effective and timely completion of all required QA/testing.
- Follow QA processes, best practises, and templates.
- Develop QA test plan, test cases and test scenarios.
- Develop deep knowledge of the system and understand the impact of changes to the system.
- Identify gaps in requirement or implementation by performing detailed, through testing of system changes.
- Verify all business rules, data field specifications and other validations are implemented as per requirement.
- Verify application and system flow.
- Perform data testing by preparing test data and reconciliation.
- Execute test cases and test scenarios according to the test plan.
- Assist in performing regression tests as well as integration test with different modules of the system application.
- Assist in functional as well as Accessibility Compliance testing.
- Responsible for problem identification, create and updating defect reports.
- Document and perform test results and provide feedback to the Ministry staff.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and collaborate with QA and other project teams.
- Provide test summary and daily status reports.
- Assist with Change Management processes.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing with other team members and conduct knowledge transfer sessions. with detailed documentation on the information.
- Collaborate with Application Development team and other cross functional teams to solve project and customer issues.
- Ensure compliance with government software development standards, including System Development Life Cycle and Project Management Life Cycle.
- Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines.
- Notify the Cluster/Ministry project Manager/leads in writing of any issues or other material concerns related to the assignment deliverables, as soon as they become aware of them.
- Submit deliverables for the Cluster/Ministry approval as they are completed. Comply with the
- Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry security procedures and practices.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
QA Skills - 45%
- Proven experience in executing testing related activities and data reconciliation activities for large complex business critical business systems.
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and expected test results for complex business systems.
- Experience in setting up test strategies for complex business systems involving data, rules and images which undergo a very high rate of change annually.
- Experience in data analysis, cleansing, conversion and reconciliation on large complex systems.
- Experience in executing test cases and test scenarios for large complex systems.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills to assist with all QA activities in a tight timeline with conflicting priorities.
- Experience in Accessibility testing of applications with alignment to AODA (WCAG2.0 AA).
Technical Skills - 35%
- Excellent working knowledge of workflow, portfolio management and rule-driven business solutions.
- Experience with web-based 3-tier software platforms.
- Experience with testing tools, problem tracking software (i.e., Jira, Bugzilla and Microfocus Product Suite).
- Good knowledge of Oracle database tools.
- Proficiency with desktop tools (Visio, MS Office, MS Project, MS Outlook)
- Experience testing custom implementations and COTS implementations, which include IBM J-Rules Engine
- Working knowledge of web-based application development.
- Experience with Accessibility testing tools like WAVES, JAWS, NVDA, Compliance Sheriff.
General skills - 15%
- Experience in effectively coordinating multiple teams representing various business and technology areas, each with responsibility for a component of the solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
Public Sector Experience - 5%
- Experience in the Public Sector, either as a vendor representative or under contract to a government ministry or agency.
- 5+ years experience as Manual Tester
- Proven experience in leading and executing manual testing related activities and data reconciliation activities for large complex business critical business systems
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases and expected test results for complex business systems
- Experience in setting up test strategies for complex business systems involving data, rules and images which undergo a very high rate of change annually
- Experience in Accessibility testing of applications with alignment to AODA (WCAG2.0 AA) and complete testing of web-based 3 tier software platforms NOTE: If AODA (WCAG) is not on the resume, the candidate will not be considered)
- Excellent working knowledge of workflow, portfolio management, testing custom implementations and COTS implementations, such as IBM J-Rules Engine, Jira, Bugzilla, HP/Microfocus Product Suite,
Nice to Have:
- Public Sector Experience
- Large Business Systems Knowledge
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: $60.00-$70.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5G 2C8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally working in Canada?
- AODA (WCAG2.0 AA): 1 year (required)
- IBM J-Rules Engine, Jira,: 1 year (preferred)
- Bugzilla, HP/Microfocus Product Suite: 1 year (preferred)
- Manual testing: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5G 2C8