Wrapex offers clients in the oil & gas, oilsands, petrochemical, pulp and paper, and commercial sectors superior project execution. We work with the best skilled tradesmen, to create a positive work environment for our employees and clients.
Wrapex fosters an environment of teamwork where employee morale and culture are top of mind. We offer industry competitive rates, as well as a competitive benefit package.
Job Description- Insulators
Wrapex Industrial Services Inc. is currently seeking full-time insulators in the Edmonton area.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates must have the ability to apply insulation materials to heating, cooling systems, pipelines and piping equipment and pressure vessels, and other structures, to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire. Other duties may include:
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists
- Install of vapor barriers and fabricate metal sheets when required
Qualifications and Skills
Must possess valid tickets in:
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) 09 certificate
- H2S Alive
- OSSA Fall Protection
- Standard First Aid
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
- WHMIS 2015
- EGSO (Electronic General Safety Orientation)
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Blue Book is an asset
- Must have own hand tools and steel toed safety boots
- Ability to work with a variety of insulation materials
- Ability to multitask successfully and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with heavy loads
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding fast pace environment that may be located outdoors, in varied heights, in confined spaces, in dangerous and/or dusty environments.
- Self-motivated and a team player with all teams/trades
- Must support a safety-orientated work environment
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Thank you for your interest with Wrapex Industrial Services Inc. (“Wrapex”). We look forward to reviewing your application, however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.