TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a creative and passionate person to fill the position of Biomechanical Specialist at Shapeshift 3D. In this role, you will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop a new generation of 3D printed user-specific medical, sports and protective equipment to be customized on Shapeshift 3D proprietary platform. With projects ranging from insole to football helmets, you will combine skills in product design, biomechanics, and human factors to tackle challenges from various industries. You will be responsible for defining products requirements and designing advanced 3D models using CAD modeling tools such as Fusion 360 and generative design, planning and conducting testing and offering consulting services to clients new to digital and additive manufacturing.
The selected person will:
- Design innovative medical, sports and protective equipment in 3D according to manufacturing, medical, branding and performance criteria;
- Establish statements of work and design requirements based on customers’ intent;
- Optimize and adjust designs following clinical studies’ result and manufacturers’ and end-users’ feedback;
- Develop and implement human factors-based design methodologies;
- Modify and optimize existing design for digital customization and additive manufacturing;
- Identify and apply emerging technologies to new and existing products;
- Conduct/oversee product testing;
- Contribute to project management meetings and product development projects.
- Mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or equivalent background;
- Experience and interest in human-centered product design;
- Good knowledge of 2D / 3D design tools and production guidelines;
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital design and 3D printing;
- Numerical simulation;
- Modeling and 3D image processing;
- Human factors and ergonomics;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team in a startup environment;
- Good time management skills and respect of production deadlines;
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, discipline, and adaptability;
- Experience with Fusion 360 (asset);
- Experience in medical, sports and protective equipment design (asset).
- Full-time job offer;
- Salary determined based on experience;
- 100% work from home;
- Flexible schedule;
- Stimulating and inclusive work environment;
- A start-up spirit that favors agility, teamwork and result-driven methods;
- A stimulating career opportunity in a fast-paced & high-growth environment;
- Weekly team-bonding activities.
ABOUT SHAPESHIFT 3D
Shapeshift 3D creates a future where our differences are embraced, valued and reflected through what we wear. We are a fast-growing Montreal start-up that develops software solutions to simplify, automate and enhance the personalization of protective, medical, and sports equipment through the 3D scan of the user and 3D printing of the final product. We live in a personalized economy where products and services are adjusted to our preferences and habits. Why not our body? With Shapeshift 3D, through Shopify, Amazon, and others, we will be able to choose the 'custom' option next to small - medium - large, scan our body with our cell phone and receive a perfectly tailored product in the mail. Ultimately, these products enhance comfort, performance, and quality of life.
We are committed to providing a healthy and welcoming work environment where individual differences are recognized and respected in order to allow employees to develop to the best of their abilities and to benefit from each person's skills and strengths.
It is obvious to us that the talents of all are crucial to reach our full potential. Honesty, integrity, teamwork, boldness, and constant improvement are the values that guide our choices and methods. We are growing and are looking for a perfect candidate who believes in our vision, shares our values, and has a passion for healthcare and sports.
Learn more at https://www.shapeshift3d.com/
HOW TO APPLY
- Only retained candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, send your resume to [email protected]
Shapeshift 3D is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and indigenous people