Senior Mine Maintenance Planner - (13858)
Improve the processes of today
Define the best practices of tomorrow
At Côté Gold, we focus on what we contribute, not just what we extract. We believe that in order for prosperity to be sustained, it must be shared, it must support the well-being of our employees and our communities, and it must be achieved with minimal impact to the environment.
Côté Gold is being developed in partnership with the Mattagami First Nation, Flying Post First Nation and Métis Nation of Ontario, Region 3.
The open-pit gold mine is a joint venture between IAMGOLD and Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. Ltd. and is operated by IAMGOLD. We are located near Gogama, Ontario, with access to stable infrastructure and strong connections with our local communities.
Accessing Opportunities at Côté Gold
IAMGOLD is committed to treating all people in a way that respects their dignity and independence. Should you require any support or accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us when you apply and we will work to meet your accessibility needs.
SENIOR MINE MAINTENANCE PLANNER
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Superintendent, the Senior Mine Maintenance Planner will lead planning and scheduling activities for the Mine Maintenance department. The incumbent will be responsible to implement the maintenance planning and scheduling practices. The Senior Mine Maintenance Planner will optimize maintenance work using planning, scheduling, kitting & staging best practices. They will have to support, coach, train and mentor the mine maintenance planning team to maximize their potential.
Leading Mine Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Administer and comply with system requirements in a manner consistent with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to maintenance work planning and scheduling.
- Support, coordinate and control the quality of the work executed and facilitate all required planning & scheduling routines.
- Ensure the required resources (people and equipment) are in place to achieve targets.
- Ensure that training is provided in accordance with the current and future needs of Côté Gold.
- Provide clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required to achieve business plans and targets.
- Foster an inclusive work environment.
- Perform worksite inspections and safe work observations; participate in and lead investigations.
- Comply with established IAMGOLD asset management process and quality standard.
- Comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes.
- Promote people, processes and technology, developing Côté Gold as the mine of the future.
- Validate system data input and quality control.
- Offer new approaches, methods or policies to optimize performance and ensure compliance with industry regulations and organizational standards.
- Seek for inefficiencies or problems by being proactive and solution driven to implement operational improvements in the maintenance planning department and ensure they are shared with others.
- Contributes to the development and revision of policies and procedures for the mine maintenance planning & scheduling department.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement to improve your skills as a Senior Mine Maintenance Planner.
- Responsible to generate KPIs using Viziya Analytics and Power BI and actively strive toward plant targets.
- Work collaboratively to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Consider risk along the five dimensions (throughput, time, quality, sustainability and cost).
- Work within approved budgets and escalate to management if a budget is expected to be exceeded.
- A proven track record in planning, budgeting and estimation is essential using system data, in a zero-based approach.
- Prepare forecasts for future maintenance activities on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure that equipment maintenance records and bills of materials are up to date and accurate
Work collaboratively with others to deliver on the maintenance plan
- Coordinate with the reliability personnel, the development of reliability and maintenance strategies for mining equipment.
- Liaise with technical departments to minimize impacts of production and maintenance delays.
- Provide and support communication links between production, maintenance, technical services, and operations employees.
- Understand production plans and mine maintenance activities and collaborate closely with other shifts.
- Support the negotiation of various services and maintenance contracts.
- Work, share and exchange with supervisors, mechanics as well as other members of the maintenance team.
- Communicate with maintenance trades and supervisors to ensure timely feedback is provided, received and implemented.
- Facilitate outsourced maintenance repair requests with field employees and management.
- Communicate and coordinate with supply chain partners to ensure efficient collaboration between both department and items arrive as scheduled.
- Mentor and train new team members.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using the tools provided.
- Ensure any deficiencies are communicated to the appropriate team members for follow up.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our commitment to our team, our communities, the environment, and our shareholders.
Minimum Requirements and Nice To Haves
minimum qualifications, formal education, certifications or equivalents
- College diplomas or university degrees in a related mobile maintenance field.
- Maintenance related trades diploma with Red Seal certificate is considered an asset.
- May accept candidates possessing a trades certificate in a related field of expertise with relevant experience
Work experience - Nature & Length
- A minimum 5-7 years’ with wide experience in asset management and maintenance planning role in large open pit mining operations, mineral processing plants or other heavy industrial facilities.
- At least 5 years of proven experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (eAM or similar), with in depth knowledge of eAM data definition.
Additional qualifications - Competency requirements
- Knowledge of shutdown schedule planning, maintenance systems and processes.Previous exposure to lean and multi-disciplinary team leadership is desirable, but not essential.Experience with Oracle eAM is considered an asset.
- Experience in CMMS implementation is considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Products – Word, Project, Excel, Power Point & Access
- MS Project high or expert level
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, showing initiative and creativity.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Previous exposure in a multicultural environment and ability to communicate effectively.
- Understand efficiency drivers in a mining operation.
- Can demonstrate skills and experience developing a team across required training systems
- Ability to make effective, intuitive decisions under pressure.
- Ability to prepare accurate records and reports.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of relevant local legislation.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety Programs.
What We Offer
IAMGOLD believes in rewarding outstanding performance with an equally outstanding total rewards package. Our attractive offerings include:
Competitive Salary and Bonus Extended Health, Dental and Insurance Benefit Coverage Health Spending Account Fitness & Wellness Subsidy Employee & Family Assistance Program Registered Pension Plan with Company Match Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company Match TFSA & RRSP Electric Vehicle Subsidy
Empowering People – Extraordinary Performance
IAMGOLD is a leading mid-tier Canadian gold producer with operating gold mines on three continents. We are in growth-mode, with a robust pipeline of development and exploration projects in Canada, South America and Africa. Throughout our 30 year history, we have demonstrated our commitment to responsible and sustainable mining practices, and our Zero Harm® commitment ensures that we continually strive to reach the highest standards in human health and safety, minimize our impact on the environment and support the development of the local communities in which we proudly operate. IAMGOLD was recently recognized by the Corporate Knights magazine on its Top 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada list.
Primary Location: Canada
Work Locations: 06 - Cote Gold Mine Site IAMGOLD Corp, Côté Gold Division 3 Mesomikenda Lake RdPO Box 100 Gogama P0M 1W0
Organization: Cote Gold
Job Posting: Mar 17, 2023, 2:17:08 PM