G.W. Seier founded Vita Health Products in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1936. Since then, the company has grown from a small mail-order operation selling herbs and patented medicines into one of Canada’s foremost suppliers of over the counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products and natural health products.
Based in Winnipeg – the geographic centre of Canada – and located in the St. Boniface industrial park, IVC Vita Health Products is a vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, nutritional supplements, and over the counter medications throughout Canada, with over 260,000 square feet of manufacturing, packaging, and distribution facilities.
IVC Vita Health has a long and proven track record of success and continues to demonstrate strong results with consistent growth.
IVC Vita Health is part of the IVC Nutrition Corporation of Companies.
Our Vision: The Canadian partner driving self-care innovation to enrich health.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, this position is responsible for the management and preparation of financial statements, monitoring and reviewing all customer programs, month-end reconciliations, preparing and filing 3rd party reporting, backup in various areas to other senior accounting staff, and many other ad hoc reports.
- Manages and prepares monthly financial statements and closely works with senior accounting team during month and yearend. Results must be completed according to established policies and guidelines.
- Reviews financial statements at month & yearend and makes necessary journal entries.
- Responsible for account reconciliations of many Balance Sheet accounts due shortly after month end close.
- Works closely with Junior Accountant to solve daily sales balancing issues and balances final sales for month end close.
- Manages all customer program changes upon updates from the Sales team and ensures they are reconciled/accrued properly each month.
- Communicates with external auditors and assists senior accounting team for the completion of the annual audit.
- Assists Director of Finance with preparation of schedules for transfer price audits and annual T2 Income Tax filing submission to external auditors.
- Provide coverage for other senior accounting staff in many areas when necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
The ideal candidate will have completed the CPA program combined with a minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a manufacturing environment. You exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively and positively interface with all employees. You offer strong organizational and analytical skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task using effective time-management techniques, and are proficient in the use of spreadsheets and other related computer applications.
Education, Certification, Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) or other relevant professional certifications is preferred.
Technical Accounting Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of complex accounting concepts, including revenue recognition and consolidation.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret financial data and provide insights.
- Ability to perform variance analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience in preparing and working with financial statements (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements) and supporting schedules.
- Understanding of tax laws and regulations.
- Experience in tax planning, compliance, and preparing tax returns.
Audit and Internal Controls:
- Knowledge of auditing principles and practices.
- Ability to design and maintain internal control processes to ensure financial accuracy and compliance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Sitting for Extended Periods
- Work Hours – may be required to work overtime during month and yearend preparation and close.