Senior Project Manager
On behalf of our client, Procom is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for a six (6) month engagement based in Burnaby, British Columbia. This client is pleased to offer a remote work model for this role.
Senior Project Manager Job Details
- Managing DRO Integration and Lab eOrders Projects.
- Developing/Managing project plans (schedule, risk, etc) with input from Program Manager, project team members and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Clinical Informatics Leads to facilitate and coordinate project communications across the provincial health sector.
- Assisting the Program Manager in preparing program status reports and dashboards.
- Submitting regular status reports to the Program Manager and Program Steering Committee as required.
- Developing project charters, business cases, decision documents and evaluation plans as assigned.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation for both development and support purposes and ensuring that documentation is up to date.
- Collaborating with the Clinical Informatics Leads to identify and manage organizational change requirements for the project.
- Managing project scope change processes, and acquire approvals as required.
- Managing Project Team performance of project tasks.
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on the execution of the project plans and day-to-day aspects of the projects.
- Assisting the Program Manager in preparing project financials (budgeted, planned and spent)
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on current and forecast resource usage.
- Controlling, tracking and reporting on issues and risks identified for the projects.
- Escalating significant issues that cannot be resolved by the Project Team following the established governance structures.
- Securing acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Program Manager, Sponsor, and Stakeholders.
- Assisting the QA team with the development of test plans, scripts.
- Scheduling and chairing Project Team meetings.
- Documenting all findings and recommendations.
- Transitioning project deliverables to Operations (Production Turnover/PTO).
- Performing project management processes as per PMO standards.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Senior Project Manager Mandatory Skills
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in information technology, Business, Administration, or related field including training and/or experience in leading, managing, and coordinating the integration of multiple technologies:
- Five (5) year’s recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups including within the vendor community.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge and experience with agile as well as waterfall project management concepts practices, and deliverables
- Ability to effectively navigate and deliver results in a large and complex healthcare environment is necessary,
- Solid understanding of how various technologies fit together in a provincial health ecosystem to deliver services,
- Strong experience leading IT system integrations efforts including electronic medical records (EMRs), clinical information systems (CISs), Imaging and Lab repositories, clinical decision support systems (CDS), BC provincial assets (EMPI, PLR, etc.), and health information exchanges (HIEs).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain concepts and topics in layman’s terms to non-subject matter experts and build consensus and credibility among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of integration standards especially within the healthcare domain, including but not limited to HL7, FHIR, SMART on FHIR and other interoperability standards.
- Exceptional MS Office skills.
Senior Project Manager Nice-To-Have Skills
- Experience working within the BC Health Sector.
- Experience or working knowledge of population and public health.
- Experience in large scale provincial integration projects.
- Strong forward thinking, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Project Management Professional designation.
Senior Project Manager Assignment Length
Six (6) month contract with the potential for two (2) extensions of six (6) months.
Senior Project Manager Start Date
Senior Project Manager Assignment Location
Main office located in Burnaby, British Columbia. Consultants may work remotely within Canada. Consultants are expected to be available during PST/PDT hours for the duration of the project.