Abatement and Demolition Estimator.
KLEEN CONDITION specializes in hazardous materials removal and interior demolition. We are in business since 1989, completing thousands of commercial projects. We have earned the trust and confidence of loyal customers throughout Southwestern Ontario. Our highly trained specialists are certified and experienced to provide authoritative confirmation of asbestos abatement requirements.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Job/ Position Overview:
If you are an experienced abatement and demolition estimator seeking to supplement your income we have a position for you. The right candidate will need to pay attention to tender documents and understand bidding process, and as well, will be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and other documents to determine the scope of work and the winning price.
Key Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Analyze tender documents and interpret drawings, specifications, environmental reports, and other documents.
- Prepare bids, proposals, quantity takeoffs and abatement/demolition estimates for upcoming bid projects and current projects
- Assist project managers with collation and presentation of documents and reports for review and close-out process.
- Attend, as required, ongoing bid management meetings and estimate reviews.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and contents of estimate.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Research for potential construction tender through websites and/or other sources.
- Work closely with the Project Management Team for project execution and closing.
- Adhere to deadlines ensuring timely submission of all bid documents accurately and efficiently.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial abatement and demolition estimating in Ontario.
- Knowledge of construction terms, planning and scheduling
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Goal-oriented with the ability to build professional, long-term relationships
- Ability to source new customers and close deals
- Outgoing and friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Must have proven experience taking ownership and leading in the preparation of an estimate / proposal, including identifying risk and opportunities, and maintaining a win strategy
Experience: On-hand Abatement and Demolition Estimating: 5 years (Required)
Education: College or University
Language: English (Required)
Job Type: Freelance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: 40,000 - 80,000
How to apply:
Please apply by email.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $40,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote