We are Parallel 49 Brewing Company, a craft brewery based in the heart of East Vancouver. We were founded in 2012 by passionate craft beer enthusiasts and have quickly become a staple in the Canadian craft beer scene. We are looking for skilled and interesting people with great attitudes to complement our team while we remain a top employer in Vancouver and the craft beer industry.
As a Journey Level Tradesperson at Parallel 49 Brewing Company, you will work on state-of-the-art mechanical equipment that's best in the industry, including a specialized canning line, centrifuges and brand-new brew house equipment with the latest technology. This position requires a ticketed and experienced tradesperson who possesses a mechanical aptitude and excellent equipment performance troubleshooting skills.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will perform various duties associated with equipment maintenance, with the primary focus on the changeover, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of packaging and brewing equipment and completing various aspects of general facility maintenance. The work will be performed primarily indoors in a clean and safety-focused environment.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The work schedule is 1pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Friday.
- Fantastic team of people who are passionate about craft beer and sharing our brews with our community
- 100% coverage of Extended Group Benefits!
- Retirement Savings Plan employer matching up to 4%
- Employee Staff Card loaded bi-weekly with money for you to use in our Street Kitchen on food and beverage and in our retail store
- Staff discounts on food while you’re working and on days off
- We love to train our people and promote from within
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, repair and install packaging and brewing machinery and equipment
- Dismantle and reassemble machinery and equipment for repair or transportation purposes
- Align and adjust machine parts to specifications using hand tools and jacks
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment to diagnose problems and identify necessary repairs
- Perform changeovers and preventative maintenance of packaging and brewing equipment on schedule
- Perform basic facility maintenance
- Practice good housekeeping and adhere to safety protocols
- Strictly adhere to food safe practices
- Assist in production tasks and operation of machinery if necessary
- Share basic troubleshooting techniques with Production staff
- Maintain records of repairs, maintenance and installation activities and complete daily end of shift report
- Perform other reasonable duties as necessary
- Journey level trades certificate required as a millwright or other ticketed trade.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and blueprints
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess own hand tools
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and strong communication skills
- Ability to carry out physical tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs. safely, extended standing, pulling, bending, crawling
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Ability to work in noisy environments with proper PPE
- Certified red seal trades ticket is required ideally but not limited to Millwright, Machinist or Electrician
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in the food and beverage industry and comfortability working with Food Safe standards
- Packaging equipment maintenance experience with a basic understanding of PLCs
- Ability to use machine tools to repair and fabricate parts
- Basic knowledge of welding, brazing, and soldering techniques
- Forklift ticket
- Primarily indoor working conditions with occasional outdoor work required
- This position is based in Vancouver and may require occasional travel to other Parallel 49 Brewing Company locations
- Must have occasional flexibility with shifts to accommodate company needs and cover vacations as well as work overtime when required
Parallel 49 Brewing Company is committed to building a workplace that celebrates diversity, fosters inclusivity, and ensures equal opportunities for all team members and applicants. We are an equal-opportunity employer driven by our mission of creating great beer accessible to all.
We value and respect differences in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, and other dimensions of diversity. Our strong company culture supports our vision of a diverse, open, safe, and respectful workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members to talk openly, grow our understanding of others’ experiences and continue to learn how to improve our approaches.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $44.74 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5L 1K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Electrical experience: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person