Ross Ventures is a real estate development and management company with a 50-year history of diverse entrepreneurship in southern New Brunswick. As a company we are well positioned to draw from our local market knowledge to continue to build and grow in a thoughtful manner.
We are hiring a Live in Building Superintendent ora Live in Superintendent Team (likely a couple) of two applicants. If you are a team of two, you are required to submit both resumes for consideration. Although this role has consistent daily tasks, each day will bring new challenges and requires a flexible growth minded person.
For this live-in role, your customer service experience will be key when it comes to resolving tenant issues and responding to day-to-day tenant inquiries.
We are looking for an overall handy person who has experience performing light maintenance duties such as painting, replacing light bulbs or fluorescent tubes, checking various pieces of equipment for faulty or electrical problems, repairing, or replacing faucets and other fixtures, filling gaps on walls etc.
The ideal candidate is a team player who works well with others and takes pride in their work.
Building Superintendent Responsibilities:
- This position is an on-call position but requires several hours of daily work.
- Serving residents as the main point of contact for information and assistance for residents of the building and prospective residents
- Cleaning of all building’s common areas, including elevators, outside doors, stairs and hallways daily.
- Cleaning vacant apartments as required
- Assisting the Property Administrator to show vacant apartments to prospective tenants, help with move ins and move outs as required.
- Daily building checks
- Maintenance and repair tasks as required
- Solving minor maintenance issues and when calling the appropriate trades people when you can't fix the issue
- Seasonal maintenance including snow shovelling, salting entry ways, grounds keeping, etc.
- Removal of trash and debris on the properties as required.
- Respond appropriately and professionally to emergencies.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
The right candidate should have:
Exceptional customer service ethic
Have basic maintenance skills and a desire to learn more
Be very comfortable using digital technology (comfortable using email, text, apps etc.)
Have a strong work ethic.
Good troubleshooting abilities
Clean criminal record check prior to commencing work.
Be in good physical condition to handle snow shovelling and a heavy vacuum
Be capable of providing at least three references, at least two of whom should be previous employers
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person