Enginuity is looking for a:
Automation Systems Engineer
WHO IS ENGINUITY?
Located in the heart of Spryfield, 264 Herring Cove Road, Enginuity is an innovative, creative, and holistic approach to Engineering. The engineering industry is heavily founded on processes and systems geared towards direct problem-solving. Enginuity does this in a creative and consultative manner to address the long-term needs of clients and end-users, to also foster better relationships in the long run.
Our owner, Ben Garvey, started Enginuity in his basement 20 years ago with only one contract. To date, we employ 50+ experts and are quickly growing due to an exceptionally high demand for our services and unique approach. We work with dozens of corporations, inventors, and strategic partners to design, prototype, and manufacture world-class products and processes.
We are currently Atlantic Canada’s leader in innovation and design BUT we are on a mission to be Canada’s most impactful engineering and design group. Are you our missing link?
Atlantic Canadian leader in innovation and design, Enginuity, is seeking full-time automation
engineers and/or systems engineers to join their team.
- Motion control, sensing, processing and automation equipment specification.
- Design and process calculations.
- Working with applications specialist both internally and externally.
- System layout and electrical design in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Referencing CEC, NEC, ANSI, and or ISO standards during design as required.
- Generation of schematics, machine layouts, bill of materials.
- Equipment and material procurement, scheduling, and managing.
- PLC, HMI, VFD, and robot programming.
- Industrial electrical cabinet design, build, and testing/integration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
To be successful in this role, you:
Firstly: Must be curious, inquisitive and energized by industrial technology and its applications; and be able to communicate and work well with others on this topic.
- Have a minimum 3-year experience of relevant industrial experience.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and control.
- Have experience with schematic design, AutoCAD preferred.
- Have experience with industrial communication protocols (EthernetIP, UDP,
MODBUS TCP, MQTT).
- Have experience in programming industrial machines in structured text, ladder logic, and function blocks.
- Have experience with networking, computer services, systems administration & telecommunication systems are an asset.
- Have experience integrating industrial & software systems is an asset (JH4).
- Have basic knowledge of Linux systems, services an asset.
- Have basic programming knowledge (Python, shell scripting) an asset.
- Have experience with full project life cycle (ATP, FAT, SAT) with customer interaction.
- Have experience being involved in writing user manuals, maintenance schedules and test plans.
Hours of Operation:
To the public, we answer questions and attend meetings between 9am -5pm. Our corporate culture values work/life balance and are proud to offer staff the ability to alter their start and end times of their workday. We recognize that not all individuals work most productively during a 9am-5pm schedule, therefore, we are happy to accommodate to your most productive working hours. As long as you complete your 8 hours of work and attend scheduled meetings during core business hours - we support your altered workday. However - this role deals with significant physical infrastructure (robots, PLC's, controllers, instrumentation and related components, etc). Obviously, interaction with these tools in our lab and on client projects requires a hands-on physical presence in the facility. We also have several remote desk options within the Innovation Ecosystem (Dalhousie ideaHUB, C.O.V.E., ThePIER, Ignite Labs) that may be useful for remote programming or data processing workstations.
Our Company Values:
A collaborative, encouraging and unbelievably friendly corporate culture is the core of everything we do here. Since our inception, we have created and maintained a strong corporate culture that:
- Continues to build a positive “family-like” spirit.
- Leads with sensitive, thoughtful and inclusive language.
- Is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff to thrive in.
- Believes that every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to alternate perspectives of the world around us.
- Embraces and drives change.
- Encourages adventurous, creative and open-minded traits.
- Builds open and honest relationships with all levels of staff.
- Pursues growth and learning.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive Salary
- Co-Pay Benefits package, including extended health and dental, life insurance, Profit Sharing, and EFAP program.
- A diversity of learning opportunities in a myriad of industries and applications, while working with talented, experienced and committed people. You won’t be grinding out ‘the same old solutions in the same old industries’ in this role.
- Site visits, remote client support and some travel - if desired.
- Free lunch the last Friday of every month during which we all gather to celebrate birthdays and significant milestones.
- Open office layout that promotes collaboration, conversations and teamwork
- Ergonomic set ups for each workstation
- Flexible schedules to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- Quarterly company events (and a few smaller ones in between)
- Company supported personal and professional development activities
- The satisfaction of being a key member of a specialist team (10-15 people, within a company of 50+ people), and helping it grow and develop as a specialty.
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed by the HR Specialist and the Hiring Manager. Successful candidates will be contacted for a screening call with HR. This will be followed by a final interview with members of our leadership team.
Enginuity, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodations as required for applicants to participate in the application and interview process. Please let us know if you require any accommodation(s).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person