Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Coordinator organizes, maintains, and executes programs regarding preventive maintenance, parts inventory and purchase, maintenance work orders, and records management of maintenance activities and equipment performance.
- Maintain a yearly maintenance schedule (including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks) for preventive maintenance (PM),
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers of equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies,
- Optimize space provided for inventory of parts and supplies,
- Manage the inventory/purchase order system for all equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies,
- Cost effective and timely management of all spare parts, services, and supplies,
- Conduct biannual inventory audits on all spare parts, tools, and supplies,
- Work with managers/supervisors of other departments and sits in on production and food safety team meetings,
- Provide updates on equipment and parts operational longevity and planned replacement,
- Participate in planning and managing the maintenance budget,
- Perform all duties in a work safe manner and wear Personal Protective Devices where and when appropriate,
- Comply and adhere to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery,
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS),
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times,
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager,
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager,
- In the event that the Maintenance Coordinator is absent, the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Manager shall act as backup.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree; A combination of experience and skills would be considered,
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance in a production environment including 1 year of procurement experience in a maintenance department,
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment,
- Good verbal and written English language skills,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Strong team building, leadership and motivation skills,
- Work well under pressure and with minimal supervision,
- Advanced computer skills in Cad drawing, MS office and maintenance related software.
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week). Able to work rotating shifts (day/afternoon/graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break,
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area,
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable.
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- On- Site Parking
- Company Events
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
Click the “Apply Now” button at the top of this posting to apply for this role and include a resume.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 1H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person