Who are we:
Zeno is a residential solar solutions provider that delivers comprehensive, turn-key solutions to homeowners across Canada. Driven by an ambitious goal to create a better, more sustainable future for everyone around the world, we guide our customers to create long-lasting, sustainable choices in their homes that leave a positive mark at a local and global level.
Our goal is to install solar solutions on 1 million homes by 2040. Are you ready to join the movement?
About the Role:
The role of the Journeyperson will require an individual willing to work directly under the supervision of a Project Manager to effectively provide our clients with residential solar installations.
We are hiring in Edmonton!
What we offer
- Competitive wages and reliable hours ($39.00 per hour Journeyperson rate which increases to $40.00 after one year with us);
- A provided work van after 1 month training period;
- Benefits after 90 days probationary period;
- Bi-annual team building events (laser tag, golf, etc.);
- Tool and clothing purchase program.
- Participation in bonus plan.
- Employee referral program
- Client referral program.
- The opportunity to work with a great enthusiastic team that wants to make a difference and make this a better world, through solar energy solutions.
Scope of work:
- Assemble and install solar equipment as per design and safety requirements;
- Work on pitch two story residential roofs
- Efficiently lead an individual or team of apprentices;
- Assure quality control standards and project deadlines are met;
- Maintain a work vehicle & organize material;
- Submit paperwork & time sheets to Project Manager daily;
- Update schedule on the fly and alert PM of any delays.
- Fluent in English language.
- Residential electrical experience or knowledge of how a home is built.
- A strong residential construction or athletic background.
- Comfortable working in the elements all year round on pitched residential roofs.
- Flexible to work varying hours and locations from Monday to Friday.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more, multiple times per day.
- Clean, professional demeanor.
- Good understanding of electrical prints, diagrams & schematics.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Journeyman Electrician (Red seal).
- Fall Arrest (required) - training can be offered at time of employment
- Drivers License (required)
- Criminal background check and drivers abstract (required)
- First Aid (preferred)
To us, sustainability is not just about individual gain. It’s about the betterment of the entire planet. We know that the key to change is through collective action, and it’s why we aim to create impact within our local and global communities.
To build momentum towards our ambitious future, our team moves at lightning speed to bring turnkey solutions and best-in-class solar products to homeowners across Canada. We’re not just imagining an exciting and brighter future, we’re creating it, and we want you to be a part of it.
If you believe in reducing the environmental impact of humankind, we would love to talk to you about how you could contribute to Zeno Renewables.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of Residential experience do you have?
- Do you have your Red Seal Certification?
- Journeyman Electrician: 3 years (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person