Purpose Unlimited is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. Led by entrepreneur Som Seif, the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Unlimited's businesses include Purpose Investments, Driven, Advisor Solutions by Purpose, and Harness Investment Management. Across our businesses, we serve more than [10,000] investors and [$21 Billion] in investment and platform assets.
Who is Advisor Solutions by Purpose?
Advisor Solutions by Purpose, a subsidiary of Purpose Unlimited, is an innovative financial technology firm providing modern client and practice management technology and services for independent portfolio management and financial advisory businesses in Canada. Recognized by Wealth Professional Magazine as 2023 Wealth Tech Service Provider of the Year. Advisor Solutions by Purpose’s end-to-end solution simplifies the advisor practice and makes it easier for clients to access better services to achieve their financial goals.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to help build an operating system for wealth management. In this role, you would be responsible for building robust data systems by proposing new solutions, evaluating design approaches, and prototyping technologies. You will be heavily involved in architecture optimization, building data warehouse and data pipelines as well as expanding analytics capabilities.
You would work alongside other engineers, product managers, designers, and key stakeholders to build and execute product and technology roadmaps. We would rely on you to build a strong culture, define best practices, help the other engineers in your team grow, and facilitate the work of your team.
If you enjoy collaborating with a team, being innovative, and are excited about an opportunity to work within a fast-growing company, we would like to speak to you!
What you’ll do?
- Be a technical evangelist within the engineering teams and at Purpose in general.
- Architect and build a data ecosystem including pipelines, reconciliation engines, and internal data tools.
- Influence the working culture of the team and champion innovation.
- Build high-quality and scalable data warehouses.
- Guide the data strategy that drives continuous value for our users.
- Build analytics abilities to facilitate decision-making.
- Promote an environment of collaboration and innovation.
What you'll bring?
- 2+ years’ experience in building data systems.
- Solid understanding of relational databases, and best practices around data manipulation, data storage, and data visualization.
- Strong analytical and data-wrangling skills.
- Experience with Big Query, Redshift, or similar cloud data warehouse technologies.
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, or other modern languages.
- Experience with cloud native infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with data governance and PII management.
- Prior experience in financial services/ wealth management.
- Understanding of regression modeling.
- Building and scaling ML solutions.
Why you should join us?
- We are one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers'2023.
- We believe in innovation and a vibrant culture - work for an innovative, people-first, financial services firm that values entrepreneurialism.
- We believe in a flexible work structure – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or the office.
- We care about your rewards - Competitive compensation including equity program.
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health and dental benefits and life insurance at little to no cost to you, We also offer a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs.
- We care about your quality of life - flexible paid time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, and flexible sick and mental health days.
- We care about your family - Paid parental leave for eligible employees with a top-up.
- We care about your future – Generous Group RRSP matching and TFSA program in Purpose fund.
- We care about your development – We offer training opportunities and tuition support year-round.
Purpose Unlimited is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the People and Culture team at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our teams are our top priority. Our work philosophy is a hybrid model allowing for flexibility and collaboration.