Haliburton Forest is one company with two divisions and eight businesses. We provide year-round employment to 135 people and work closely on a regular basis with 30 independent contractors. With a skilled management team and a tight operational focus, our business strategy is to be environmentally sustainable, socially responsible, and economically viable in everything that we do.
The Tourism & Recreation division shows the real uniqueness of Haliburton Forest. It is a research facility and an education centre. It is a property where members of our community make their livelihoods, and thousands of visitors make their day. Haliburton Forest is 100,000 acres, 100 lakes, and millions of trees, and it is home to countless creatures.
Our Forest Products division operates three hardwood sawmills in central Ontario (Haliburton, Huntsville, & South River) that have a combined annual production capacity of 40 million fbm, employs 100 people and manages almost 1 million acres of crown and private land across central Ontario.
We are looking for a personable and educated individual to permanently join the Haliburton Forest Wolf Centre team. The Wolf Centre Lead is responsible for ensuring high quality of experience for our guests from educational interpretation to continued development of the museum and its exhibits, to working with our maintenance team to ensure the facility is well kept. A positive attitude, strong communication and customer service skills, initiative and passion for wildlife education are all important qualities for this position. Candidates should be comfortable working primarily independently with some group work.
The following responsibilities are assigned to this position:
- Providing accurate and educational interpretation for guests
- Providing excellent customer service working with a variety of groups including both general public and other team members
- Development and updating of museum exhibits
- Checking visitors into the facility
- Retail sales
- Cleaning and maintenance of the facility
- Performing all tasks in accordance with company safety policies.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the main office
- Campsite cleaning
- Trail maintenance
- Other duties as requested
The ideal candidate will:
- Educational background in Wildlife Biology or Fish & Wildlife or related field.
- Experience working with animals or in wildlife education
- Customer service experience
- The ability to pass a police reference check.
- Have a valid G2 or higher drivers license.
- Passionate about wildlife
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups as well as one on one
- Safety conscious
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS:
Compensation will be determined based on the experience of the candidate. Similar to all positions with Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve and its subsidiaries, unlimited recreational access to the 100,000 acres of private land owned and managed by Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Are you currently working towards or complete education in either Animal Biology or Fish & Wild Life?
- Please write or attach a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person