Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated business in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We are a federally regulated facility, and pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Canada.
With a team of over 100 individuals we believe a diverse and inclusive corporate culture is one where everyone succeeds. That’s why we’re committed to creating an environment where all feel welcomed, safe, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential.
Capital Fine Meats has an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Manager in our Maintenance Department.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and refrigeration/cooling systems and equipment.
- Provide direct support (on tools and equipment) as required to supplement department resources.
- Executing the continuous improvement of technical processes and implementation of short/long-term strategic plans as directed.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensuring full preventative maintenance is carried out.
- Maintain facilities maintenance budget and obtain pre-approval for contractors and purchasing of equipment/parts to monitor department inventory.
- Assist, schedule, and facilitate contractors, consultants, and external vendors to ensure efficiently and timely completion of work performed, in coordination with our onsite engineer.
- Schedule, train, and supervise all Maintenance staff to increase operational effectiveness and maximize productivity.
- Inspect, authorize, and distribute daily work orders as required.
- Maintain equipment list and work order completion into CMMS Software
- Conduct/perform equipment inspections, adjustments, and assembly/disassembly.
- Effectively communicate and delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved.
- Liaison between QA and Safety Department Heads to ensure all legislated and company policies/procedures are upheld.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment such as; pumps, fans, conveyors, generators, hydraulic and pneumatic, electrical, and refrigeration systems.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, carpentry, plumbing, painting, floor, and wall repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, delegate, and lead staff effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and training in conflict resolution.
- Excellent organization of department documentation and record keeping.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication is an asset.
- Experience in operating forklift/bobcat equipment
Indoors: Maintenance office/shop setting, may be noisy at times when equipment is in use. Industrial production plant, must be tolerate of cool temperatures.
Outdoors: Shop yard, plant roof, facility structures/trailers.
- Minimum 5-years in Maintenance Management
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Management or Equivalent
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical Preferred)
- Certification as an Engineering Technologist (ASET)
- Journeyman Refrigeration Certification considered an asset
- Journeyman Electrician Certification to be considered.
- Experience/knowledge of industrial food production an asset
- Knowledge of food safety standards within a federally inspected facility, understanding HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s, CCP’s
- Valid Forklift Ticket (preferred)
- First Aid Certified (preferred)
This position is permanent full-time. Operational hours are from Monday – Friday. Successful applicant must be able to work overtime if required (daily/weekends) or on call for emergencies.
Shift: 6:00AM - 4:30PM (10 hours)
Salary: To be negotiated
Benefits: Competitive benefits package available after successful completion of probationary period.
Applicants should provide a cover letter along with salary expectations in order to be considered for this position. Minimum of three (3) professional references will be required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $93,600.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5A 0E7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Industrial maintenance: 5 years (required)
- Refrigeration: 3 years (preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (preferred)
- General mechanical knowledge (non automotive): 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 5 years (required)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
- Standard First Aid (preferred)
Work Location: In person