JD Myles Construction is a small business in Torbay, NL. We are professional, agile, and fast-paced.
Our work environment includes:
- On-the-job training
- Safe work environment
- Lively atmosphere
We are looking for responsible individuals for immediate employment as a Carpenter/Helper to join our team and assist our experienced carpenters with various tasks. The successful candidate must have experience in framing, interior and finshed carpentry, preparing and assembling materials, measuring and cutting wood, and assisting with the installation of carpentry projects. The ideal candidate should have basic carpentry skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to follow instructions.
- Assist carpenters in the construction, repair, and installation of structures and fixtures.
- Load and unload materials from trucks.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials.
- Cut or shape wood, plastic, and other materials as directed by carpenters.
- Clean up work areas and dispose of scrap material properly.
- Follow safety rules and regulations when operating power tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Construction: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person