*** SIGNING BONUS ***
If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you.
At Moira Place Long Term Care Home, located in the friendly Municipality of Tweed, just minutes north of Belleville, our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents. What sets us apart is our service and our commitment to "Care" in everything we do.
Moira Place is looking for a part time Cook who will share in our passion for providing quality care and superior levels of service to our residents. As a Cook, we will rely upon you to provide our residents and visitors with high quality, nutritionally balanced meals. You will manage your role efficiently while providing exemplary customer service with kindness and enthusiasm.
- Prepare food for residents following approved recipes and ensuring that portion control, temperature, and food presentation guidelines are adhered to
- Manage food preparation for special seasonal events and catering as required
- Consistently review residents’ regular and therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions, and food allergies and communicate such information to staff
- Maintain detailed records including menu changes, food orders, delivery receipts, temperature checks etc.
- Actively participate in in-service education and retraining as needed
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment at all times
- Must have Safe Food Handlers certificate and chef training or a culinary management diploma that meets Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities standards
- Two years cooking experience in a hotel, restaurant, or institutional setting preferred
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Available to work varied shifts as assigned
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities; premiums available for papered Cooks
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person