Purple Cow Internet is a trailblazing company that aims to revolutionize the internet service provider landscape in Atlantic Canada. We are on a mission to offer the best customer experience, leveraging cutting-edge technology to achieve this goal. Currently, Purple Cow Internet is the highest-rated internet service provider by Google in Canada, and we are relentlessly committed to continuous improvement.
As one of the fastest-growing internet service providers in the country, Purple Cow Internet is seeking exceptional and self-motivated individuals to join our team. We are a dynamic and ambitious organization, and this role presents an exciting opportunity to become part of our journey.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented team member who can seamlessly contribute to the development and maintenance of technology solutions. Collaborating with the existing team, the successful candidate will be instrumental in creating and maintaining highly functional products. This position offers the flexibility of 100% remote work, with the option of working from our office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, build, deploy and manage serverless applications.
- Develop and maintain software written in Go, Python, JS/Typescript and other modern languages.
- To work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to deliver project requirements.
- Sharing your valuable insights with more senior engineers and suggesting appropriate technical solutions to existing problems.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with at least one high-level programming language such as Go, Python, JS/Typescript.
- Knowledge of AWS Services (Lambda, S3, SAM, etc.)
- Highly curious about emerging technologies and a willingness to explore and integrate them into our solutions
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills and attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating self-direction, innovation, and an inclination towards action in fast-paced environments. You should thrive in ambiguity and even embrace failure as an opportunity for growth.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with both technical and non-technical teams in a fully-remote work environment.
- Ability to work from home
- Experience with event-driven architecture and developing REST APIs
- Experience developing in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of key networking fundamentals
- Some familiarity with Jira/Confluence
- Find the Treasure, Hidden on our website: www.purplecowinternet.com
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tell me a little about yourself?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- What are some of your career goals?
- What operating system do you use?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T4