We are an intimate pet boarding facility who takes great pride in our care for our furry guests and customers. This is a very high-paced but fun positions. As with any job involving animals it can be very physically demanding and messy but also rewarding. We strive to maintain a friendly, clean and happy environment for our furry guests.
We're looking to add an part-time/casual permanent member to our team. We are looking for someone who is hard working, has a positive outlook, dedicated, detail oriented, can work both as a team and independently, works well under pressure, has animal work experience, a real self starter, and loves animals. Our ideal candidate will be great with our furry guests but must also be good at customer service and enjoying working with our clients. Since we do run 7 days a week (including all holidays) we are looking for someone with flexibility.
- This is a part-time position with potential to expand to more in the future. We are looking for someone who can stand on their feet for long periods of time. There will be times where you are jumped on, pushed, and even knocked over by guests. We are out in all weather and you must be prepared to go out rain or shine. There will be times where things can get messy so you must be okay with sand, mud, and other various perks that come with handling animals. You must be able to keep a level head in tough situations. We need someone who can think on their feet and who can problem solve. As customer service is of large importance to us you must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable.
- Animal work experience (this does not include owning pets). Ideally previous pet care experience or barn experience.
- Customer service experience
- Reliable Transportation (We are not on a bus route)
- Lift up to 50lbs with help
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Feed and change water both cats and dogs
- Clean kennels which will include, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and sanitizing
- Supervise dogs during play groups (in all weather - we go out rain or shine, 365)
- Wash bedding, towels and cloths
- Sanitize, sweep, vacuum, and mop common areas of kennel
- Interact with dogs in all weather (play with, and one on one time)
- Monitor behaviour and document any abnormalities
- Care for guests
- Wash dishes, bowls, cutlery
- Clean play yards (move wood chips, pick up poop, and maintain yard cleanliness)
- Perform basic grooming techniques (trimmed nails, washed and dried dogs using professional drying systems)
- Take photos of animals in play yards, on walks, in kennels, and in cat suites
- Walk dogs in all weather
- We run all year round with shifts between 6AM-7PM
This position does require a lot of physical stamina. We spend many hours on our feet in all weather. There are many physical duties required for this job including handling the dogs.
If you think you might be a good fit for this position please send your resume along with a cover letter outlining your pet experience.
Thank you for your time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person