Sheridan Nurseries Aurora is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job
This supervisory role is responsible for leading our team of cashiers, ensuring that each team member actively contributes to the highest standard of customer service and delights our guests by delivery an unrivalled guest experience, sharing their knowledge, passion, and expertise.
By ensuring that the conscientious application of Sheridan Nurseries standards at the Point of Sale (PoS), including the accurate and efficient handling of the transaction process from beginning to end, the Head Cashier contributes to achieving our goal of creating the highest quality shopping experience by going above and beyond for each of our guests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Actively lead the cash team through training, motivation, coaching, technical and sales skills, and product knowledge.
- Provide exceptional guest service by greeting them in a warm and timely manner, making each transaction a positive experience for the guest.
- Responsible for processing cash, debit and credit card transactions using all PoS equipment, including the mobile PoS system, according to Sheridan Nurseries' best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Accurately scan, verify quantities, descriptions, and prices when processing transactions.
- Resolve guest issues and answer questions.
- Wrap and package purchases with care as required.
- Participate in preparation for store opening and closing, including cash balancing, and deposits.
- Stay updated on current promotions, flyers, and in-store sales and ensure that our guests are being offered the complete solution with their purchase.
- Actively promote all Sheridan Nurseries retail programs, services, and marketing initiatives, with an emphasis on growing our e-Club and informing guests of our standout No-Hassle Guarantee Policy.
- Ensure accurate paperwork and data entry regarding returns, exchanges, replacements, credits, gift cards, deliveries, plantings, etc.
- Control and minimize shrink through adherence to loss prevention best practices.
- Serve as a leader by setting the example for compliance with company policies and health and safety regulations, and assist with keeping high store standards and housekeeping while working safely.
- Execute other duties as may be required by management.
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
- Must have completed high school and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Minimum 2 years retail cashier or related experience.
- Track record of leadership and ability to provide constructive and effective feedback and coaching.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Detail oriented, with a commitment to precise accuracy in regards to money counting and data entry.
- Related product knowledge, or the willingness to learn, with a commitment to continually maintain and upgrade your personal knowledge and share with your team.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- This role will require full-time availability, with the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis.
- The job requires extended periods of standing, as well as being able to lift up to 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario Human Rights Code).
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
1. Doing What’s Right
2. Being Performance Driven
3. Learning and Growing Together
4. Being Externally Focused
5. Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position for you!
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.