As the Maintenance Mechanical Planning Lead, you'll join our Maintenance Planning & Scheduling team in supporting the thousands of maintenance activities taking place each year at our Saint John Refinery. You will lead a team of approximately 12 professionals in the continuous improvement of maintenance planning workflow processes for mechanical work. This position is a key member of the maintenance and operations team and works collaboratively with management, maintenance, and operations. You will work proactively to identify any potential risks that could impact safety and reliability of operations. Although this is primarily an office position, there are times when you will need to be in the field, so the ability to wear all PPE as required is critical.
What We Offer:
- Work Environment – Work and grow within Canada’s largest Refinery, with strong safety culture, access to a fitness facility, an onsite medical team, and a café.
- Competitive Compensation – Including an annual bonus plan, and pension plan.
- Flexible Benefits Plan – in effect from day one and offers three levels of coverage to select from to meet your unique, personal needs.
- Wellness Support – With an annual wellness allowance, paid personal care days and a 24/7 Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunity to give back to some amazing causes in our community – Choose when and where to make an impact with a paid volunteer day, company volunteer opportunities, and a donation matching program.
- Coach, mentor, and support training and learning opportunities for a team of approximately 12 mechanical planners and materials coordinators.
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership and have an infectious enthusiasm for excellence.
- Develop training requirements and succession planning for the team.
- Promote a safe work environment, participate in and ensure all safety and environmental activities are completed as required.
- Lead the continuous improvement and strategic development of corrective and preventive maintenance plans to align with our refinery’s and industry standards and specifications.
- Support the development of annual tactical plans to deliver on asset management and equipment reliability improvement strategies as it relates to planning, scheduling, and maintaining accurate records in our enterprise asset management system (eAM).
- Collaborate with IT to lead the development and improve our eAM tool competencies
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain awareness of and ensure the CMMS is accurate and up-to-date. Advise management of any issues or concerns.
- Review complex job plans for accuracy.
- Identify and develop standardized maintenance planning best practices. Ensure work priorities are properly management.
- Review and coordinate the implementation of new preventive maintenance requirement recommendations.
- Coordinate engineering assistance.
- A comprehensive understanding of sequencing and prioritization of tasks associated with performing maintenance activities on refinery equipment.
- Strong, collaborative team leadership.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings, direct team towards common goals.
- Able to build close working relationships with area teams to ensure everyone is set up for success.
- Able to develop, track, and report on KPIs that are relevant to progressing the goals of the maintenance and operations teams. Other reporting as required.
- Able to see inter-related maintenance tasks and maximize resource time and utilization.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in refinery equipment operation as well as maintenance planning and execution in work management processes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management role leading a team.
- Post-secondary education in trades, engineering, engineering technology or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiar with MS Project, Oracle eAM, Viziya, Primavera P6 is an asset.
Irving Oil is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thrive on the good energy that’s created when our people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and experiences share their unique perspectives. Diversity is key to our success and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
In a world increasingly engaged in taking action on global issues of climate change, social justice and good corporate governance, our organization has an important role to play. We are committed to being part of the solution, in providing the safe and reliable energy that people need, while taking concrete steps to evolve our business for the future - for our people, our customers and our communities, today and tomorrow.
Please take a look at our Sustainability Report
to learn more about our commitment to our communities, and our planet.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Management, Refinery Operations
Job Requirements - Education
Job Type: Full-time