We are hiring Food Production Workers at our FreshPoint FreshCuts location.
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Food Production Worker will be responsible for processing produce on the production line. This includes light trimming, high-volume peeling and coring of fruits and vegetables, packing and boxing of products, and lifting of up to 15 lbs or more. This is role is required to work on the production floor for long periods where the temperatures are between 0-5 degrees Celsius. Start times vary from 7:30am to 11:00am
- Cut, peel, trim and core fruits and vegetables
- Mix and wash raw materials
- Handle production tools such as a knife, peeler and more
- Pack and box products according to customer orders
- Check raw, in-process and finished products to ensure it meets order specs and standards
- Escalate quality issues and product deficiencies to QA
- Sweep, tidy and organize work stations to maintain a clean work environment
- Work in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Comply with SOPs, GMP and Safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Secondary education or equivalent
- Previous work experience in food processing, warehouse or general labour considered an asset
- Effective verbal communication skills and ability to communicate and with other team members
- Must be able to read and comprehend SOPs, GMP and Safety policies
- Required to work in a cooler environment with temperatures between 0-5 degrees Celsius
- Frequent lifting of up to 15 lbs or more and standing for long periods
- Full-time 40 hours per week with overtime available
- Sundays off
- Required to work statutory holidays
Location: 3500 Viking Way, Richmond, BC V6V 1N6. Accessible to multiple transit lines.
What We Offer
- Employee benefits including extended health and dental after 3 months waiting period
- Company matching Group Pension Plan after 3 months waiting period
- Paid time off including 2 weeks' vacation time, 5 sick days, 2 personal days and more
- Career development opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- This is a full-time position. Please indicate your regular work availability (include all days such as weekends and all hours you are available).
- Are you comfortable working in a cold environment (around 5 degrees Celsius)?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
Work Location: In person