WE CREATE POSITIVE SHAREABLE EXPERIENCES
The MRG Group is looking for an energetic and reliable Assistant General Manager to join the team. They will support the Regional General Manager in running our MRG bars and venues situated at 250 Adelaide Street West and 26 Duncan Street downtown Toronto.
The successful candidate will be looking to grow their career in hospitality and has a passion for nightlife! They are energetic and responsible, yet love to have a great time and ensure our guests do too. Is this you? If so, read on!
This mature leader is responsible for creating positive shareable experiences (PSEs) for guests and employees in our venues. They take initiative and are passionate about food, beverage, and entertainment. They inspire their team and lead their employees to success by exceeding customer expectations.
This person will thrive on the desire to run smooth operations and will assume the role of a detail-oriented professional. They will be a well-balanced opportunist who is a pro at handling high volume work environments and the pressures that come along with it. They are passionate about setting up their teams for success, they value strong communication with team members and operate on a foundation of trust and respect.
- Leads by example and demonstrates passion for guest experiences by supporting floor operations at each venue during times of high volume.
- Champions the MRG brand vision and values and ensures alignment amongst the team in providing our guests with Positive Shareable Experiences.
- Develops, fosters and leads positive relationships with customers, partners, suppliers, key stakeholders and employees.
- Ensures service is consistently at its very best, staff are assigned to appropriate work specific functions and are held accountable to the expectations.
- Oversees and ensures guest satisfaction and operational excellence; handling any concerns in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular huddles with floor leaders to mentor, support and evaluate performance.
- Supports the day of execution of large party events and venue buyouts at the highest service levels.
- Executes activations and programming created by our sales and marketing teams to drive business.
- Works with the culinary team to ensure product consistency.
- Works with the facility team to ensure maintenance and repairs of equipment and services.
- Assists the Regional General Manager with daily fundamentals including scheduling, payroll, tip distribution, and operational standards.
- Assists with regional ordering of tools and supplies and works closely with culinary to manage shipping and receiving schedules.
- Conducts performance management and coaching conversations with the support of People and Culture and senior leadership.
- Assist with recruitment, staff planning and conduct training across venues.
- Responsible for Health & Safety of all staff and guests and acts as the key contact for Inspections, WSIB procedures, and related audits.
- Lead projects and/or tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years operations management experience leading teams within the hospitality industry.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff and work effectively in a management team.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with employees.
- Professional communications skills, both written and oral.
- Required certifications to responsibly serve alcohol (Serve it Right).
- Experience with 7Rooms, Square, CRM + SalesForce and Asana considered an asset.
- Basic First Aid is considered an asset.
The AGM must be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
Think you have what it takes? Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done? Let’s talk!
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive starting salary.
- A generous vacation package which allows you to rest and rejuvenate throughout the year.
- Participation in the MRG Travel Ambassador Program.
- You will be joining a close-knit, innovative team of creative and energetic go-getters.
- Employee discounts to our concerts/shows, at our hospitality venues.
- A welcoming, fun and safe work environment where everyone can show up authentically to work each day and feel respected.
Terms and Expectations
Due to the nature of the work, after hours correspondence may be required. The MRG Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace . We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on any of the protected grounds mentioned under Human Rights Code such as race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us at [email protected] if you require any accommodation in the recruitment process
Thank you for your interest in MRG. Given the anticipated interest in this role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Night shift
- Weekends only
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person