The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. This role is the link between the technician and the customer. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Provides excellent customer service and ensures ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
· Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Understands customer needs and provides them with a complete solution.
· Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Service Centre.
· Manages customer concerns and problems promptly.
· Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
· Ensures a smooth flow of communication with customers during repairs or maintenance work.
· Completes and reviews repair orders with customers.
· Estimates cost and time for service and repairs needs. Ensures final invoice is the same as estimate and vehicle is delivered on time.
· Acts as liaison between customers and technicians and manages the status of work orders.
· Schedules service and repair appointments.
· Operates computerized work order systems.
· Engages in learning activities and coaching to improve their own abilities.
· Shares potential opportunities or suggestions with the Service Manager to help the Automotive Service Centre be more profitable and to increase sales.
· Complies with company, store and department policies and health & safety program and regulations.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
· Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
· Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles.
· Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
· Basic math and keyboarding skills.
· Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
· Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre, is considered an asset.
· Valid driver’s licence.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $15.50-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-11