Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Three weeks of accrued paid vacation after the first year, working toward a maximum of seven weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Pension and working conditions that provide for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Shifts are Four – Nine hour shifts per week.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Measurement Technician to join the Natural Gas System Control &
Maintenance Department in Brandon, MB. You will perform technical work relating to the inspection, maintenance, and calibration of
instruments and equipment related to the measurement and control of natural gas and odorant at Company facilities. You will assist
in planning, organizing and installing electronic and related equipment used in the Corporation's plant.
- Prepare designs, perform technical analyses within scope of qualifications and experience in accordance with company
- Install, maintain, inspect and adjust as required, measuring and control equipment such as pressure transmitters, recorders,
remote metering, automatic controls, pressure regulators, pressure reliefs, odorizers and related equipment.
- Devise and install special circuits or mechanisms to improve existing equipment and solve field problems.
- Demonstrate ability and familiarity with the operation of computer terminals and personal computers in entering, processing
and retrieving data.
- Demonstrate ability in the safe and responsible use of office equipment, hand and power tools, test equipment, power
equipment, maintaining tools and equipment in good condition.
- Demonstrate ability to use and interpret instruments, electric and electronic monitoring systems related to operation of
systems; analyse content and parameters of natural gas.
- Demonstrate familiarity with purpose and function of cathodic protection, gas piping and tubing, fitting techniques and
- Demonstrate familiarity with emergency procedures in distribution, transmission systems, storage facilities and gate station
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and properties of natural gas as related to combustion, analysis and
emergency procedures for gas leak control and firefighting.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, in writing and orally, with co-workers, customers, outside consultants,
agencies and general public on work-related matters as required.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and responsible manner, performing minor checks and maintaining vehicle in good
and clean condition; drive defensively; report vehicle and equipment defects and accidents.
- Responsible for the neat and orderly housekeeping of work area, equipment, buildings, grounds and vehicles.
- Work in a variety of settings both inside and outside on transmission and distribution lines, at commercial and industrial sites,
in regulator and gate stations and areas related to these functions.
- Work safely in all weather conditions and special working conditions related to the gas industry.
- Provide standby duties as required.
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY