Reporting to: Logistics Manager
The Freight & Customs Analyst is responsible for providing key support to the Logistics Manager though freight spend analysis while keeping customer service a priority. Auditing of all freight invoices and lane analysis providing recommendations on improvements in service and costs. Prepare data for costing coordination for allocation in Dynamics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Communicate to internal and external client’s transportation needs and priorities.
· Key contact for all third-party analysis.
· Communicate with transportation partners, warehouse staff, sales force and customers to ensure all parties are working together.
· Work in cooperation with purchasing, accounting and sales departments to ensure freight spend is optimized both inbound and outbound.
· Support fellow logistics staff with customer shipments resolution when additional assistance is needed.
· Assist in contract negations with transportation partners.
· Review all freight invoices for accuracy and approving for payment.
· Analyze and recommend process flow changes to ensure customer service priorities are met and cost efficiencies are obtained.
· Collect data and update master files using Excel with formulas along with Power Query, SQL and Pivot tables.
· Analyze data collected for errors, inconsistencies.
· Work with Logistics team to identify charges for additional review.
· Manage correspondence between logistics and freight provider.
· Prepare data for Costing coordinator to allocate freight amount to items.
· Prepare and post freight invoices via DMF upload into Dynamics.
· Prioritize daily tasks and identify urgent issues and deal with them as needed.
· Ensure Parts Canada’s compliance with all governmental regulations and audit requirements.
· Provide a professional and responsive demeanor to our business partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced excel skills is a must.
- Previous transportation experience and asset.
- Post-Secondary education with a business focus with 1-2 years solid administrative experience.
- Excellent computer, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Dynamics AX experience is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Core Competencies identified for this position:
*Teamwork *Planning & Organization *Initiative *Client Focus *Communication *Problem Solving & Judgment
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $46,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3J 0P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T3J 0P7