SUMMARY To protect the assets of the casino, as directed. To protect casino customers and staff members and respond promptly to requests for security assistance. To maintain good public relations consistently and diplomatically with casino customers and staff members. To perform duties in compliance with local, provincial, and federal laws. To comply with, maintain and inform customers and staff members of safety and security policies and procedures.
Candidate must possess strong:
- Organizational and time management skills
- Analytical ability and critical thinking
- Ability to organize and communicate thoughts
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with limited supervision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes the use of safety equipment. Security Guards are responsible for following safety procedures identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Ensures the security of the century casino facilities, employees, volunteers, and guests.
- Execute assigned duties positively and professionally following casino and security policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all monies and chips are safeguarded in accordance with the casino and AGLC policies.
- Remain at assigned security post until relieved or otherwise directed by a supervisor.
- Provides prompt, courteous, and friendly service to guests and staff members.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and good customer service skills with all customers and staff.
- Complete written reports on all incidents and irregularities following casino terms and conditions, operating guidelines and security policies and procedures.
- Investigates incidents as directed by asking questions, taking, and analyzing statements, securing, and reporting evidence and maintaining an accurate record of all investigations.
- Escorts the transfer of money and assets throughout the casino frequently during a shift, and when required, assists by lifting or carrying money or assets to designated locations. Monitors transfers and reports any concerns to their supervisor.
- Communicates with staff using two-way radio communications and responds promptly to requests for security or emergency assistance.
- Immediately responds to emergencies and acts to minimize the risk to casino customers and staff.
- Liaises with and assists Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Inspectors and Investigators as required.
- Conducts preventative patrols and enforces century casino policies and procedures.
- Maintains alertness for the performance of all assigned duties and before acting, exercises caution and evaluates circumstances for appropriate security or safety response. Seeks supervision and guidance from the Supervisor or Manager, as needed or directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience providing and enforcing security services, including crowd control. Experience in effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, including contact with employees, customers and experience handling difficult customer relations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma. A combination of education and experience may be considered. Gaming related experience preferred but not essential. One (1) or more years of recent and related experience in security enforcement is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess or acquire a valid and current Alberta Gaming license and all applicable certifications successfully. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Standard First Aid Level C with AED and have a working knowledge of WHMIS 2015 and FINTRAC considered an asset. Must have a valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License
Must be proficient, diplomatic, effective and have demonstrated both oral and written communication skills using English.
Basic math skills are required.
Takes actions and makes recommendations beyond the scope of essential duties, which may positively or negatively impact other departments.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of AGLC policies and procedures and how they pertain to security. Can professionally communicate over the radio with the use of the phonetic alphabet.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Essential duties involve performing physical exertion, frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, pushing (including stalled cars) and standing for an entire work shift with standard breaks. Essential duties require lifting up to 50 pounds, working any day of the week and any shift in the day. May be subject to exposure to body fluids from any persons who may have been injured or in need of First Aid.
The Security employee should be capable of completing an in house ‘Modified Pressure Points Control Tactics (PPCT) Course. This may include vigorous and or strenuous training involving body contact, nerve pressure points and body takedowns.
Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people in an indoor and outdoor environment. Extreme temperature changes and adverse weather conditions, including wind, rain, snow, cold, heat, and frequently loud or high noise levels.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Various security-related equipment including digital cameras, portable two-way radios, emergency first aid equipment, fire control panel and surveillance equipment. General office equipment including computers, fax machines and photocopiers.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-24 per week
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person