Hello and welcome to Design Works Engineering!
We are a multi-discipline engineering firm inclusive of civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, energy modeling, and fire protection design. We are one of the fastest- growing engineering firms in the nation for a reason: our diverse staff all share the same vision – create great projects and even better relationships.
Our team is a group of creative professionals from all walks of life, and we want to hear from you!
We are actively seeking a Senior Structural Engineer at our Toronto, Ontario location. This is an on-site position.
- Lead and oversee the planning, design, and execution of structural engineering projects.
- Prepare detailed structural engineering drawings and designs using the relevant software.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and parties involved in the projects to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Resolve disputes and conflicts related to structural aspects of assigned projects
- Take accountability for the quality of service and profitability on assigned structural engineering projects.
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project clients, striving to keep client satisfaction at a high level.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities through analyzing client circumstances
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training to junior structural engineers and design team.
- Participate in jobsite visits, client meetings, and presentations to ensure successful project completion.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological developments in the field of structural engineering.
What you Bring:
A degree in structural engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional engineer.
- Must be registered as a professional engineer with PEO.
- Registration with other associations (i.e. EGBC, APEGA) will be considered an asset.
- Proficient with design software such as Risa3D, ETABS, SAFE.
- Experience in designing multi-family residential buildings in steel.
- Experience with timber frame design will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without constant supervision
- A natural self-starter with the ability to meet tight deadlines and collaborate effectively with colleagues from various disciplines.
At Design Works Engineering, we offer more than just a job; we offer a career. Supporting our team members to reach their full potential is at the heart of our business, which in turn delivers superior value to our clients on each of our building projects.
Qualified candidates will be contacted directly by Design Works Engineering for further discussion.