Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $37.01 - $53.20 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are a team composed of dedicated professionals who thrive in a collaborative culture. We support learning, customer service, stewardship, communication and performance.
As a Project Leader, you will oversee and support the planning, design and/or implementation of facilities projects including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. You will be overseeing assigned staff and provide leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis. Your diverse background in project management and, architecture, engineering or construction will prepare you to use your creative skills in the planning, design and construction of a wide variety of health care infrastructure and facilities projects.
As Project Leader, your work may include the following:
Lead the planning and implementation of approved smaller or specialized projects from design to completion
Support Senior Project Managers with various administrative project management duties on large capital construction projects
Coordinate the process of design and contract preparation by liaising with clinical and project planners, consultants and various user groups for assigned projects
Review of working drawings for consistency with project scope, budget and project design schedule; review project charter, plans and objectives to maintain timelines and project deliverables
Create and carry out project plan according to project methodologies to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components
Attend project meetings on a regular basis to explain scopes and timelines
- Create shut down notices, as needed
Do you have these professional/technical capabilities?
Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
To join our team, ideally, we will be looking for you to have:
Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field
Five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related field would be an asset
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
This Regular Full Time opportunity will be based at Central City, located in Surrey BC.
Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
A career with FH will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals?
Apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Project Leader is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned smaller facilities projects and/or projects with a lower degree of complexity across Fraser Health (FH), including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis. Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning and implementation of approved small projects and/or enabling sub-projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines. Oversees assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
- Functions as the single point of contact for assigned projects. Liaises with various internal and external stakeholders; conveys information and responds to queries, concerns, etc. with respect to project status, design and construction matters; provides frequent clear and concise reports to Facilities Management leadership and FH regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carries out project plans according to established Facilities Management project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks; reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to Facilities Management leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings throughout the project lifecycle; seeks input from stakeholders (physicians, staff, Infection Control, Housekeeping, external users, etc.) during all stages of the project. Attends and/or leads construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules, and to direct activities as required; ensures FH interests are represented in resolution of problems; ensures meeting outcomes and decisions are accurately documented and follow-up actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Provides input to project business plans and project charters as requested; conducts feasibility studies; performs analysis and develops solutions. Prepares cost estimates and recommends budgets. Prepares planning and construction schedules to align with user needs and expectations.
- Reviews and assesses space occupancy and utilization. Documents current state and functional requirements to inform decision making by business units, Facilities Management and/or senior leadership within FH. Provides recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Coordinates planning, design and contract document preparation by liaising with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance.
- Signs off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; maintains current copies of drawings, plans, manuals, proposals, etc. for assigned projects; files and/or archives completed project materials in accordance with Facilities Management protocols.
- Participates in and provides input on consultant selection and project tendering; administers contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables, and that corresponding payments are processed. Arranges for procurement of furniture and minor equipment required to implement projects.
- Liaises with Planning and Engineering Departments of municipalities in geographic areas supported by FH to obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects.
- Coordinates and/or advises on potential impacts of work activities affecting site operations; arranges scheduled shutdown of systems, power interruptions, etc. based on operational requirements. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues.
- Monitors adherence to established safety, infection control and risk mitigation protocols by contractors and FH staff during project implementation; reports exceptions to appropriate personnel; takes corrective action as required.
- Leads and/or facilitates operational commissioning and any project-related decanting or moves; supports FH leaders in the identification and implementation of operational changes required for successful project completion.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field, together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.