Junior Quality Control Coordinator
North York, ON
At Green Infrastructure Partners (GIP), our people are second to none. The work we do impacts lives. It impacts our schools and neighbourhoods and shapes our communities and cities.
We are one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing construction companies. Every day our people are designing, delivering, and maintaining infrastructure for Canada’s rapidly growing cities. From demolition, shoring and foundations, excavation, remediation, to structures, paving and the production of
materials, we have the unique ability to self perform all project scopes without reliance on sub-contractors.
The most valuable asset at GIP is people – our employees, our customers, and the public. Nothing is more important than our people coming to work happy and leaving safe.
We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging for all so our people benefit from the creative solutions that come from embracing differences.
Sustainability is part of our DNA. We focus on recycling and reusing materials by taking old roads and reengineering them into new roads, keeping tons of used materials out of our landfills.
The work we do today at GIP will carry us into a better, greener, and safer tomorrow.
About the GIP Team
As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals like you who can help us to build the world of tomorrow, today.
GIP team members are at the heart of our success in designing and delivering infrastructure projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. Our culture allows employees to bring their A Game to work each day. If you want to work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture, this opportunity is for you!
What does your day at GIP look like?
- Develop and optimize asphalt/ concrete/ CIP Recycling mix designs.
- Develop and schedule the testing work programs for laboratories.
- Determine asphalt plant batch weights and rap percentages.
- Hire QC staff for both lab and field as required.
- Ensure efficient operation of fixed and mobile testing labs.
- Initiate asphalt plant adjustments to ensure product quality.
- Daily coordination of field and lab personnel.
- Ensure MTO QC Plan is being adhered to by all personnel.
- Make informed decisions and communicate these decisions regarding projects and quality.
- Aid in troubleshooting of asphalt plant, concrete plant and construction problems.
- Analyze and compare test results with specifications, tolerances, and targets.
- Assist in the development and delivery of technical product training.
- Provide quality control for internal quarry materials, crushed concrete, and granular compaction.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
- Diploma or degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management or equivalent quality control experience
- CCIL Certification for Asphalt or Aggregate would be an asset.
- Minimum of three years of quality control experience within the construction industry
- Experience in quality control/quality assurance in aggregates/asphalt is preferred.
- Experience in Ministry of Transportation projects would be a definite asset.
- Results-driven with an ability to deliver success in a fast-paced environment.
- Outcome focused, critical thinker with the ability to analyse and visualize to ensure continuous improvement across our business.
- Ability to connect and interact with people to seek different perspectives.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrate versatility and resourcefulness in overcoming business challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person