**Please note this a Friday (morning) to Monday (morning) schedule for this role.**
Pathway Community Services Ltd is a small business in NON_PROFIT_ASSOCIATION in Vancouver, BC. We are professional and agile.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Food provided
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with the individual, the individual’s family, network, in house team, and assigned professionals for the preparation of a Plan of Care/Person Centered Plan for the individuals.
- Actively participated in the implementation of the Plan of Care/Person Centered Plans and provides assistance to individuals with:Development of their sense of independence
building life skillsInclusion in the greater communityIntroduction to the workplace (where appropriate)Development and evaluation of all individual goals and objectives in collaboration with the greater team
- Conducts appropriate safety/risk analysis with the individual and their network when appropriate.
- Plans and provides service delivery to individuals including implementation of recreational, social, educational and job activities, designed to meet the developmental and intellectual needs of the individuals.
- Monitors individual’s progress, and provide support, as well as discuss any issues with the individual and his/her support team
- Provides input on the individual’s skills, strengths and needs, and to provide input for evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment programs by monitoring individual’s behavioural changes and responses to interventions
- Maintain awareness of any problems (medical, behavioural or other) experienced by the individual and then to inform the Primary/Manager
- Co-ordinates with the house team and residents to develop a recreational activity calendar, which provides a wide range of social and leisure activities that include and promote amenities in the local neighbourhood and in the wider community.
- Supports the individual in the learning of daily life skills (as appropriate) such as cooking, washing dishes, cleaning up after themselves, etc
- May need to provide direct or “hand over” support in some areas of daily living
- Depending on the special needs of the individual served by the program, may participate not only in group planning but also in the development of individual activity plans.
- Depending on the special needs of the individual served by the program, may participate in day programs/summer day program with the individual.
- Act as a liaison with the community and promote/encourage community involvement.
- Acts as an advocate for the individual and provides support for him/her while the individual is in the program and, as appropriate, provides follow up support to them upon leaving the program.
- Accompanies the individual to appointments, as required.
- Maintains accurate reports and records on all individual. Ensures that all required documentation is complete. Reports and discusses case planning and concerns with therapists, social workers and others as requested by Primary/Manager
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources to meet the individual’s needs.
- Is responsible for the individuals and the residence while providing respite for Primary Caregiver.
- Encourages and facilitates the participation of the individual in the program. Creates a fun and enjoyable atmosphere in order to enhance the program's appeal.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of new trends in activities and social programming.
- Fosters a positive working relationship within the residence and the individual’s care team...
- Is responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness, safety and repair of the residence, meeting all community standards. Also, maintains the residence's food and other inventory. These responsibilities may be done directly or through delegation to other workers.
- May be required to transport individuals. Ensures that all requirements are met to provide safe transportation
- Participates in evaluating the effectiveness of programs. Provides suggestions to modify programs and training programs to the Primary/ Manager.
- Prepares or assists with preparation of all meals for individuals using Canada’s Food Guide as a reference. Quality and appropriateness of diet is important.
- Prepares clothing inventory for individual
- Assists in Maintaining binders and keeps them up to date
- Assists in Preparing for and executing Monthly Home Inspections
- Assists with emergency drills.
- Assists in the maintenance and rotation of emergency preparedness kit (“grab and go” kit) every six months
- Administers medication to individuals as per policy and procedures manual and doctor’s orders.
- Ensures that all medication documentation and protocols are observed
- Ensures the safe storage of medication, as per house protocols
- Assists with the preparation of all reports including:Daily Logs, CIRs, contact logs, miscellaneous data collection
Individual Progress Report, as required (PCPs)Month End Reports including Occupancy and Financial ReportsMonthly Home InspectionShift Change Reports
- Accurately documents any issues with staff and/ or individuals
- Maintains relationships and ongoing open dialog with all team members, individuals and their immediate networks, PCSL management, and members of the community.
- Adheres to professional standards and observes PCSL’s Code of Conduct when communicating with individuals, co-workers, and other professionals.
Qualifications, Education, Training and Experience:
One to three years previous work in a similar environment required. Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support systems is preferred.
Job Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
Organization, time and general management skills
Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques.
Ability to work effectively with other program workers, and all involved professionals
Ability to work independently
Must have BC Drivers License
First Aid Certification
Criminal Record Clearance
Ability ot pass MCFD Screening process
Vehicle is an asset
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Do you have experience working with children & youth with developmental/delayed disabilities (Autism, ADHD, FAS etc.)??
- Residential Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- BC driver's license (not Intl etc). (required)
Work Location: In person