Job description - Operations Coordinator
Remote - Must live in Canada
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Operations Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing what happens behind the scene for day-to-day operations, bridging the gap between marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure all systems work together. You will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth functioning of our service and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. If you enjoy optimizing systems, creating SOPs, working with technology, and helping make people smile, this role may be for you!
Happipad is on a mission to help solve Canada's housing crisis, do you care to join us? We are a social enterprise that is helping uncover the millions of spare bedrooms across Canada, making them available as affordable and flexible rentals. You can think of us like Airbnb for social good!
We operate home sharing platforms happipad.com and refugeehousing.ca
Our core values are creativity, honesty, quality, and curiosity.
Everyone’s voice matters. Ideas come from all team members, from management to interns, and whichever idea is the best fit for the client, that’s the one we go with. This approach only works because we maintain a grow-focus environment. It allows for open communication in a safe and respectful workplace that helps foster a culture of innovation.
We also care about the impact our work has on the world around us. We are passionate about creating a more inclusive Canada where everyone has a home they can afford where they feel safe and included.
Working With Us
We provide our team with the latest (power) tools to help them perform their best. We help people grow their technical skills through strong leadership, mentorship, and teamwork. We set our employees up for success and guide them along their career paths. Weekly check-ins with each team member maintain an open dialogue, and monthly progress one-on-ones ensure that career and life goals are on track. And yes, we care about your life outside of work! We work to live and not the other way around.
- Manage and optimize CRM automations to streamline customer interactions, ensuring efficient and personalized communication.
- Monitor and report on key sales metrics, customer engagement, and other performance indicators, providing actionable insights to the management team.
- Process rental transactions accurately and efficiently, ensuring seamless financial transactions between homeowners and tenants.
- Oversee back-office operations, including administrative tasks, document management, and record-keeping, to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvements, implement changes, and drive operational excellence.
- Set up and maintain back-office solutions, including systems integrations, automations, and other tools to enhance operational efficiency and productivity.
- Train and support team members on utilizing back-office systems and tools effectively.
- Resolve customer inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the rental process.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) to optimize operational workflows and maintain consistency across the organization.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements related to the rental and real estate sectors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Project Management or a related field.
- Proven experience in operations management in a technology-facing role, ideally within the real estate or software industry.
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems, reporting tools, and back-office solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools, such as spreadsheets, project management software, and document management systems.
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and handle customer inquiries.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and system integrations with API and Webhooks.
This is a full-time position remote position. You will report to our Kelowna BC office with an opportunity to work from home or from our Kelowna or Toronto office.
Happipad is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means we seek out people with diversity of opinion and with strengths that will be complementary to our existing organization. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
To apply, please submit your resume (PDF ONLY) and optionally a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Business Operations: 2 years (required)
- CRM software: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Remote