HTS Engineering Ltd. is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ rep in North America, with 20 locations in the US and Canada. HTS has a vibrant look and brand promise -- one that reflects our company-wide commitment to ensure the individual success of all those involved in a project’s HVAC system selection, design, purchase, installation and maintenance including our employees, suppliers, customers and end users.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Health and Safety Director, this exciting role will provide assistance in the ongoing development and maintenance of the company’s health, safety and environmental program. In addition, this role will provide administrative and organizational support to the regional and field/site supervisors with a focus on consistency across all operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with H&S Director to plan and deliver informational and educational safety information across the organization.
- Maintain the company H&S management system; this includes policies, procedures, and legislative compliance.
- Coordinate all aspects of H&S department meetings such as sending invites, attending and sometimes leading meetings, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Responsible for field operations including, but not limited to supplying materials and providing information as necessary.
- Ensure the security and confidentially of all Corporate H&S information. Use discretion at each leave of the organization when providing sensitive information.
- Ensure site H&S policies and procedures are up to date and in place.
- Actively participate in site toolbox meetings to ensure H&S concerns and questions are addressed and answered.
- Promote a respectful environment to all members of HTS Engineering Limited
- Deliver all communication of H&S bulletins and Safety boards.
- Develop and implement H&S training programs, such as monthly safety talks, as required by law or as directed by Health and Safety Director
- Assist Managers/Supervisors with accident investigations and reports.
- Assist site supervisors with development of site emergency/rescue plan as required.
- Assist with COR implementation and certification maintenance.
- Conduct weekly job site inspections to minimize unsafe work conditions and practices to prevent near misses, incidents, and accidents. Address and implement workplace safety changes as necessary.
- Work on projects and tasks as assigned by Health and Safety Director
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience in a relevant Occupational Health and Safety position
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Professional and positive attitude, excellent work ethics, strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and maturity to work proactively and handle confidential matters in a discreet manner.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills combined with good planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Team player who builds effective working relationships with all levels within the organization
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, HTS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace of diversity and inclusion. HTS encourages applications from all candidates that represent the full range of communities across Canada. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law. Accommodations are available upon request, for all aspects of the recruiting process and thereafter.