Permanent position | Full-Time | Saint-Anne De Bellevue (QC)
Remote work: Hybrid
Are you a System Engineer or would you like to become one?
If your answer is yes, it’s your lucky day as we are looking for a dynamic and talented person to join our team!
What will your role be?
In this project, your main responsibilities will be:
- The candidate must be familiar Remote Sensing Payload instruments and associated subsystems including antenna, RF and digital equipment.
- To define SAR Payload architecture in response to customer requirements and/or operational stakeholder needs.
- To generate engineering documentations: radar payloads requirements, statement of compliance, budgets, to define the functional and performance of the instrument, to perform requirements flow down, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, equipment specifications, test requirements, RFD/RFW.
- To generate the SAR payloads budgets including but not limited to: RF budget, DC Power budget, Mass budget, Link budget, Calibration, Image quality, CMD and TLM budget.
- To define performance models for SAR Instruments based on advanced architectural features and operating in various space acquisition geometries, including side-looking, squint-looking, forward-looking.
- To define and support the development of software tools for computing performance parameters of SAR Instruments (e.g. resolution, swath width, ambiguity, resolution, accuracy, among others).
- Write engineering documentations: system requirements, SOC, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, EMC, equipment specifications, test requirements, RFD/RFW.
- To define and support the development of models and software tools for simulating SAR Instrument functionalities such as antenna beam models for active phased array SAR antennas, data compression algorithms.
- Perform system worst case analysis, inputs and support to program reviews: SRR, PDR, CDR.
- System assembly Integration and Test. Attend test reviews: TRR, TRB, DRB, and NCR’s.
- Support higher level integration and tests at customer or Satellite Bus facility.
- Technical monitoring of major subcontractors.
- Write up Operations Manual.
- Participate in design reviews, test readiness reviews, system tests, element/system level verification activities and system certification
- Analyze, define and trace system requirements and recommend performance measures
Lead the design of electronic systems including: Definition of operational use cases, Definition of system use case, Development of logical and physical architectures, Specify interface exchange requirements and develop interface control documents Develop Functional block diagrams & cable diagrams and connection diagrams, Define Traceability to system requirements.
- Lead the technical aspects of the competitive procurement process: Provide technical input to the RFP package, analysis and evaluation of RFP responses from suppliers, supplier management including scope, and compliance of the supplied technical solution, produce and manage an engineering bill of materials, integration of procured systems in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Assist in the verification and validation of electronic systems
- Assist in risk management and risk mitigation strategies
- Assist in obtaining stakeholder agreement about changes to and management of the system requirements
- Recommend electronic system solution designs that are innovative, scalable, and adaptive
- Lead the integration of electronic systems in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Lead the development of Interface Control Documents (ICDs) between components
- Develop currency in electronic system best practices, methodologies, initiatives and advancements
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Remote Sensing Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience in SAR Payload development (X or C or L band) 5 to 10 years.
- Experience in the following areas: system analysis, architecture, requirements development, design, or modeling and simulation.
- Good knowledge of Space Mission Design & Analysis, knowledge of satellite lifecycle and System Engineering methods and tools.
- Knowledge of SAR Instrument and associated SAR antenna and SAR electronic systems or subsystems.
- English required, French fluency would be an asset.
- Successful candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance to the NATO Secret level and meet the eligibility requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program.
The candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required
Why join us?
- To acquire experience in different critical industries and projects while working for the same company;
- To have a competitive salary and a great benefits package (dental, life and medical insurance, RRSP matching, sick days, vacation);
- To access trainings that focus on expanding your knowledge while staying up to date with cutting edge technologies and best practices;
- To have a clear career development plan that suits your goals;
- To have the possibility of working abroad through our mobility program thanks to our international presence;
- To join a dynamic, specialized and fast-growing group where communication is key and where every team member is valued;
- To be part of a team where having fun is essential (team building events, 5 à 7, Marathon and more!).
Who are we?
At Scalian, we are a leading multinational engineering consulting firm with 6000 specialists and over 30 years of experience.
We are specialized in Digital Systems (IT & Software and Systems Engineering) and Industrial Performance (Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Project Management).
Our expertise serves various technological sectors as the aerospace, defense, rail and energy industries while providing distinctive support to their development and operations.
Are you interested and would like to find out more?
Apply or reach out to Julie Dérédec at:
Only relevant candidates will be contacted