Location - SaskPower Nipawin (Northern Hydro)
Permanent - Full Time
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 06/19/2023 to be considered for this opportunity.
This is a safety-sensitive position, the successful candidate(s) will be required to successfully complete mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing to comply with SaskPower’s Fit for Duty Policy.
The employee in this classification is responsible to fabricate, assemble, operate, troubleshoot, install, commission, maintain, test and repair equipment, machinery, controls, facilities and infrastructure associated with the specific trade.
Interpret and implement plans, drawings and specifications related to installation, modification, repair and operation of equipment
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions and take corrective action, as required
- Participate in the design and field modification of apparatus and equipment
- Inspect, service and operate specialized equipment and tools
- Requisition and maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies
- Troubleshoot, maintain, test and repair industrial, electrical and control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Arrange for appropriate permits and develop and perform switching procedures, as authorized
- Read, compile and maintain records and drawings associated with the position
- Adhere to applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations and corporate commitments
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development, as required
- Prepare cost estimates, as required
- Supervise apprentices and other staff, as required
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Other related duties, as assigned
Interprovincial Journeyperson Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate, or equivalent AND;
- SaskPower Hydro Station Operator Certificate, or equivalent, or the ability to attain such within 24 months of being appointed to the position
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2067.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.