Concord Confections, the manufacturer of Dubble Bubble gum and other fine candy products, has an immediate opening for an Inventory and Production Coordinator with responsibilities for both Concord sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the cycle count program and ensure that transactions and activities affecting inventory are recorded properly by verification through physical inventories, daily/weekly/monthly reporting and audits.
- Identify issues and trends with inventory. Develop root cause and corrective action plans to address issues.
- Locate, count and verify WIP and other materials.
- Audit Lot number tracking system and FIFO process, on the floor and in the system.
- Manage expiration and obsolescence process.
- Batch reconciliation, run batch edit reports, review errors, investigate/correct, manage batches (complete/close) based on production progress.
- Check and Analyze WIP & Material Usage, and investigate as appropriate.
- Coordinate staff, material and production activities, and support Lead hands and Supervisors.
- Review and order consumables. Monitor usage and spend.
- Support and assist with investigations, mock recalls, audits and reporting.
- Assist Supervisor with productivity improvements.
- Be trained and be a backup to Production Supervisor.
- Lead efforts to make improvements in the process, analysis and reporting.
- Work between the 2 Concord sites as required.
- Be able to work in other shifts as and when needed, for coverage, support or project/task related etc.
- Lead and/or support projects and tasks within different departments at both sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Good Microsoft Excel skills are critical for this role. V Lookup, Pivot tables, charts etc.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in cycle counting, reconciliations, and investigations.
- Adeptness with Business systems/software's.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, process improvement, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and ensure deadlines are met.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person