Registered Pharmacy Technician - Must be licenced and registered with the BC College of Pharmacists. OAT training is mandatory.
This pharmacy is uniquely set up without a till, so no sales. We are strictly OAT focused, only dealing with acute medical treatments and some weekly medications outside of the usual Methadone and Safe Alternatives.
The right candidate is highly organized, systematic and tidy.
Tasks are simply making sure that the pharmacy is running smoothly and strictly to the College's standards. Although we are as paperless as possible, the amount of filing, documentation, and scanning is done daily.
In general, the job entails:
- Data entry and patient profile care.
- Filling of daily medications, preparing OAT for daily dispensing, and some weekly blister-packing.
- Scanning and filing.
- Inventory receiving and maintenance.
- Maintaining drug and office supply stock.
- Running simple errands.
- Screening phone calls and faxing when needed.
- Occasional delivery of OAT medications if a pharmacist or nurse is unavailable to do it.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $29.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Courtenay, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- pharmacy: 1 year (required)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician with BC College of Pharmacists (required)
Work Location: In person