Please read the following before considering submitting your resume:
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree focus on Building Science, Architectural, or Civil / Structural Engineering
- Do you have over 7 years professional experience working on projects related to Building Science?
- Are you P. Eng Licensed?
- Are you legally entitled to work for any company in Canada?
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Building Science Engineer at our Halifax location. Candidates residing outside of the Halifax area (such as: Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John), who are open to relocation, will also be considered for this role.
In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to evaluate existing buildings and design solutions for the complex and unique problems of our clients. Projects will include a mix of residential, multi-family, and commercial projects, with an emphasis on repair of damage from fire, wind, flood, and impacts, as well as adaptive reuse of older buildings, and enhancements to existing facilities to accommodate changes in use and implementation of equipment and machinery. You must be able to balance several projects simultaneously and be detail orientated. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
- Lead and oversee the design, analysis, and implementation of building science engineering projects
- Collaborate with architects, structural engineers, and project managers to integrate building science principles into the design process for various types of construction projects, such as residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.
- Perform on-site evaluations and assessments of existing buildings to identify potential concerns.
- Analyze and interpret building condition assessments to identify areas of concern and implement corrective measures.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in building science, green building technologies, and code standards.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and technicians.
- Assist in preparing technical reports, feasibility studies, and proposals for building science projects.
Duties will Include:
- Work setting in both the office or field environment
- Travel within the Halifax region
- Measuring of building dimensions and quantifying on site and from drawings
- Interpretation and hand drawing of in-situ construction details
- Working at heights including accessing buildings by ladders, swing stages and mechanical lifts
- Typical duties associated with working in a professional engineering office
- Co-ordinate all input for time billing and job costing
- Other tasks may be required to ensure timely completion of deadlines
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Completion of a degree in an engineering program with a focus on Building Science, Architectural, or Civil / Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience, with a focus on projects related to building sciences
- Must be P.Eng licensed, or within at least one year of obtaining
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; bilingual in French is an asset
- Knowledge in areas related to building science such as thermodynamics, heat transfer and psychometrics
- Understanding of building construction including methods, materials and systems is required
- Exceptional attention to detail, specifically in accuracy of calculations and completeness of data collection and notation
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and multi-tasking ability
- Able to work individually and in a team setting
How to Apply:
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With our global workforce, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, structural engineering, MEP services, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
Benefits provided which include Life Insurance, Extended Health Care which consist of: Medical, Dental and Vision Care, as well as some other great perks such as: RRSP/DPSP Programs, paid days off, a referral bonus, as well as a gym membership to GoodLife Fitness. Our company welcomes upskilling and celebrates continuous education in various professional fields. We look forward to meeting with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Building Science engineering and construction: 8 years (required)
- structural design: 8 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person