At Algonquin-Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The Engineering Technician III, is responsible for delivering O&M projects (Reliability), new main installations and new meter designs(Growth). Project management for strategic extensions. Supports the Engineering and Distribution Operations teams.
- Completes Permit, Construction and as built drawings for C&M staff
- Reviews digital redlining and paper mark ups from field staff and construction design and updates records
- Executes work with new technology requiring Technical Knowledge of SAP, EAM, SYNERGY and MICROSTATION
- Reviews gas distribution system pressure requirements and reliability requirements (Looping)
- Responsible for Record Management both digitally and paper based
- Support development of tools which may use GIS data and MicroStation data
- Responsible for providing the management team well written and oral presentations with necessary information and supporting analysis to make appropriate business decisions.
- Have verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution abilities and group facilitation skills. Knowledge of project management requirements, provide management updates with regard to project milestones, critical tasks, and potential areas of opportunity. Will be accountable for documenting, distributing and following-up on project information to management. Supports annual O&M projects, such as Leak Survey, Valve Inspection, Relocations and Removals and Riser Inspections
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships with customers and key stakeholders within the jurisdiction (City and Town Managers and Consultants)
- Maintains relationships with stakeholders and customers where disruption is caused by essential maintenance and construction work, ensuring that complaints service and applications for mitigating circumstance
Safety, Compliance and Emergency Response
- Assure all mandated field work tasks are tracked, scheduled and completed in compliance
- Travel require
Education and Experience
- College or professional program of 3 years or less
- 10-15 years of experience
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business and as an employee team.
We provide safe, secure, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable energy and water solutions. Our mission is how we create value as an organization—it is what drives us every day to fulfill our purpose.
We better the lives of our customers and communities. Our vision is what we see as possible. It's where we aspire to be, what we want to achieve and how we'll make an impact. It guides and keeps us on the right path as we work towards fulfilling our purposes.
Our Guiding Principles
- Customer Centric
- Owner mindset
- Outcome focused
- Continuous learning
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
A defined contribution savings plan
Leadership Development Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Group Benefit Plan
Variety of Health & Wellness programs
Discount and Perks program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not confident you meet all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to investigate the opportunity further.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents.
Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all our employees and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB E3B 6E9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person