Program Coordinator - Full Time Remote - Accessibility Services Department
Location: Must be located in Manitoba
You’ll feel great about a career with March of Dimes Canada
At March of Dimes Canada, our collective work matters. As a leading national charity backed by a history of more than 70 years of impact, we’re dedicated to being Canada’s leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide. You’ll be joining a team made up of more than 2,000 professionals that’s dedicated to solving big challenges and creating real change for people with disabilities in communities across our country. They’re at the center of all we do, and we make a real difference in their lives every day. It matters to us because the need is urgent — and it’s growing.
More than six million people with disabilities in Canada experience challenges like poverty, discrimination, indignity, and isolation. These are the barriers that you’ll help tear down. Together, with your vital contributions, we’ll keep moving the dial on the challenges people with disabilities face. Our work is deep and wide — and you’ll always find it deeply rewarding — which is why we pull together to make change happen. Our collective efforts are rooted in our Purpose, Vision, and Mission, which inform how we drive all our work forward:
- Purpose: Champion equity. Empower ability.
- Vision: An inclusive, barrier-free society for people with disabilities.
- Mission: To be Canada’s leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide.
Whether starting or advancing your career with us, you’ll feel great knowing that you’re:
- Contributing to our important mission: creating real change for people with disabilities
- Joining a leading national charity with a history of impact and a future full of possibility
- Enjoying industry-leading employment incentives and benefits
- Supported in your professional growth, development, and success
- Included in our empathetic and supportive work culture
Learn more about why we’re a great employer at marchofdimes.ca/careers.
We are currently looking to fill one Program Administrator Full Time Remote role in Manitoba.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Process applications in accordance with established standards
- Ensuring requests are eligible based on guidelines
- Communicate with applicants in a timely and professional manner utilizing their preferred method of communication.
- Prepare and issue correspondence and applicant communications in accordance with program standards.
- Ensuring monthly service and spending targets are met.
- All information in our client management systems, including financial information, is updated accurately, within timelines
- Maintains current knowledge of products and legislation related to program
Qualifications and experience:
- Must be located in Manitoba
- Post-secondary degree or previous experience in social services field, health, a design field, or universal design/barrier-free design
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively both in verbal and written form
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a team player that has the ability to accept responsibility, and to cooperate and communicate with others to accomplish organizational goals
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Ability to manage a large caseload
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to travel within Manitoba when required
- Previous experience with equipment and assistive devices used in home modifications
- Familiar with universal design concepts, Provincial Building Code and CSA Accessibility standards for the built environment will be considered an asset
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and application in confidence to: Trisha Robbins at [email protected]by September 29, 2023.
Questions about working at March of Dimes Canada?
For general inquiries, you can reach us at [email protected]
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
Need accommodations? We're here to help!
MODC is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds and abilities. In accordance with accessibility and human rights legislation across Canada, MODC will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities and other protected needs. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable, accessible, and barrier-free.
Our Reconciliation, Equity, Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion (READI) approach
MODC is dedicated to building and advancing an inclusive and welcoming culture. It’s also why we’re focused on attracting, retaining, and supporting diverse people. Thanks to our progressive practices, team members of all abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to access the opportunities and supports they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. Our READI approach is rooted in our shared belief that championing equity and empowering ability starts by investing in our team members— and in our shared culture — so that we all feel included, safe, and confident at work every single day.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $41,496.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Remote