Answering to the National Service Coordinator, TORMAX Canada, the Administrative Assistant, Vancouver Head Office, will be responsible for issuing work instructions to a cross functional team that can service and maintain our products and our customer’s existing competitors’ products to the highest standards. You will liaise with major customers, Sales Engineers, Service Leaders and field Technicians, as well as the Team Leader Workshop, to ensure that jobs are completed per client timeframes and site requirements. We are looking for a highly organized, confident, entrepreneurial- minded, Administrative Assistant.
Major Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- As a part of a administrative team, you will organize the day to day activities of the Vancouver Branch field service process, maximizing utilization of personnel and fleet vehicles, while meeting customer commitment times.
- Receive National Service requests and coordinate with other TCA branches or certified Distributor partners to complete these requirements.
- Ensure the delivery of a superior customer experience with high quality components, reliable service, employee training aligned with company policies and values, and education of customers on products and preventative maintenance.
- Confirm component and service work compliance with applicable AAADM’s certifications, government regulations and building codes.
- Schedule production or parts order fulfillment requirements with the Team Leader Workshop to ensure that product is available to meet customer requirements and timeline commitments
- Analyze and suggest process flow improvements, including capabilities for growth, cost reductions and data management efficiencies.
- Determine and adjust for optimum staffing in relation to schedule requirements.
- Support the cultural alignment with TORMAX Vancouver branch and national Service demands, with all Service provider partners.
- TCA operates in four time zones, two official languages and is available for on-call service for several national retail brands. This position will require participation in on call, after hours schedule availability.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education, Diploma or Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Two (2) + years successful field operations experience in a commercial construction and/or related field would be considered an asset. HVAC, Electrical, Security systems industry experience would be considered an asset
- Given the decision making responsibilities, professional persistence, ambition, drive, and self-determination are required.
- Very entrepreneurial and passionate about growing a Service driven business.
- Knowledge of construction site and project management best practices and B2B customer protocols.
- Knowledge in entrance automation and other barrier free product lines would be a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with a user’s knowledge of ERP systems such as Navision
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility are required. This position is expected to be very independent and capable of determining their best use of time while working within a hectic repair or renovation marketplace.
- Exceptional professional demeanor and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong appreciation for excellence in customer service is a MUST
- Reliable, confidential, and conscientious
- Valid BC drivers license, or a confirmed method of transit, will be required.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Positive attitude, with an ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and open communication
- A salary commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experiences is available.
- Cell phone, desk top computer, other tools and devices as required.
- Medical and dental benefits, with RRSP matching program.
- Product and industry training programs will be provided.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person