NuStef Baking Ltd. is a Canadian food manufacturer known across North America for its unique line of specialty, artisan style cookies and crisps. NuStef produces a unique Italian style waffle cookie branded Reko pizzelle and artisan crisps under its Kii naturals and The Crisp Bakery brands. We also produce private label products for some of the largest retailers in North America. We bake our products fresh to order and our cookies are sold primarily in the in-store bakery department and our crisps are sold primarily in the deli department or specialty cracker section at most regional and national retailers.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Maintenance Technician provides services to the plant facility through effective troubleshooting of equipment problems (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic etc.), quick, safe, and cost-effective repairs and proper documentation of work performed. The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, with in-depth knowledge of maintenance procedures, food manufacturing equipment, and basic tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, modify, repair, install, improve, and troubleshoot various type of machinery, and equipment; mixers, depositors, ovens, slicers, conveyors, checkweighers, VFFS, Flow wrappers, carton formers, printers, sealers, air compressors, HVAC, lift equipment, etc.
- Diagnose machine problems and provide quick and creative solutions for machine breakdowns by applying proven electromechanical skills.
- Work with the Production Manager to review and enhance the Preventative Maintenance schedule to improve asset reliability.
- Perform all planned maintenance (“PM”) and safety inspections assigned in a timely manner and document actions in the Maintenance Management System. [SG1]Update and modify Maintenance Management System for all necessary PM functions.
- Respond promptly to equipment related issues to help deliver world class productivity.
- Ensure effective and timely on-floor support to the production department members including regular, off-shift and weekend coverage as required.
- Assist with selection, installation, and commissioning of equipment for all technical projects.
- Ensure daily adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and all other company policies and Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a dynamic challenging environment.
- Miscellaneous facility duties, as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ electromechanical experience in a food manufacturing and packaging environment
- Previous experience with BRC or SQF and HACCP.
- Licensed (Certified) Maintenance Electrician in the province of Ontario.
- Strong bias for action and strong customer service mind set.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, understand and comply with government regulations.
- Effective communication, learning, organizational and teaching skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and engage others to do the same.
- Capacity and desire to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Continuous Improvement and project management experience are both assets.
- Aptitude for detail, accuracy, and prioritizing responsibilities.
- Good comprehension of verbal and written instructions (English).
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems.
- Strong ability to manage conflict and redirect passion into achieving targets.
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly.
- Clean, dry, and well-lit industrial bakery.
- Temperature controlled production areas.
- Constant aroma of baked crisps (fruits, nuts, baked batter).
- Company supplied uniforms and safety shoes.
- Company supplied tools.
- Standing and/or walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50Ibs.
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, and grip.
- Use of hand operated and power tools.
- Extended or flexible hours from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 0A5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (preferred)
- food manufacturing: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person