Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial, and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Focusing solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes, and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load, and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining's support people and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold, and other mineral resources, and the company employs people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique growth opportunities:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package (health & dental, vision coverage, healthcare spending account, and life insurance)
- Personal wellness spending account
- Company-sponsored registered pension plan (RPP) and matching program.
- Safety boot voucher
- Paid vacation
- Company-supplied tools
- 4/5 Rating on Glassdoor
- Sustainable employment
- Ability to be a part of an exciting, innovative company developing new state-of-the-art technology and equipment
Discussion regarding full compensation package conducted upon initial pre-screen
Please visit our website https://www.komatsu.com/careers/ for more information.
Reports to: Senior EHS Manager - Canada
Secondary Matrix Manager: Regional Manager, Eastern Canada
Shift: 5 x 2
Location: Wabush, NL
Travel Requirements: Must be able to travel 50%
Rotation: 2 work weeks in Wabush (Mon-Fri / weekend in Lab City / Mon-Fri)
2 work weeks working from home
- Interface with operations and office personnel to ensure the proper analysis, identification, documentation, communication, and implementation of corrective action items for all incidents of loss (i.e., injury, illnesses, liability, property and near hits). Assist with investigations related to major injuries and other incidents of loss.
- Monitor all injury and illness incidents and assist with the organizations Worker’s Compensation management efforts to effectively reduce costs and other associated negative outcomes (recordability, restricted and/or lost workday classifications), while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance to OH&S laws, regulations and standards. Provide support and advice to all levels within the organization regarding OH&S Act, Code and Regulation and other applicable legislation as required.
- Lead programs and site internal audits, provide instruction and assistance to operations and office personnel on issues regarding identification, implementation of corrective actions, and documentation of issue closure.
- Support corporate monitoring, record keeping and reporting initiatives to effectively demonstrate compliance with external regulatory requirements and company best practices.
- Provide safety orientation to all new hires. Discuss Komatsu’s best practices, EHS’s vision and principles, cardinal safety rules, stop work obligation protocol, and commitment to zero harm.
- Ensure environmental compliance with solid and hazardous waste, air emissions, and water quality regulatory requirements, and drive pollution prevention initiatives that help reduce operating costs.
- Record and monitor employee safety tickets and expiry dates. Schedule employees for safety training with recognized vendors to ensure compliancy with customer worksites and EHS best practices.
- Schedule drug and alcohol testing for worksite pre access, post incident, and reasonable suspicion. Communicate with Medical Review Officers and Human Resources regarding non-negative test results.
- Minimum of 5 years practical EHS experience in the mining, heavy industrial, or manufacturing sectors with increasing roles and responsibilities.
- Capable of maintaining accountability with numerous entities and cultivating those relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Up to date Safety tickets: WHIMIS, Confined Space, Fall Protection and First Aid are an asset.
- NCSO or similar designation. Occupational Health and Safety Certificate is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license with no limitations.
- Must have no restrictions for access to any mine site in Canada or the United States.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in Canada and the United States.
- Ability to pass customer requested random drug and alcohol testing.
Komatsu (Joy Global - Canada) is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Accommodations during the application process are available upon request. While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.