Location: Rupertsland Institute METI- Service Centre, Edmonton, AB
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Service Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
For more information about RLI and it’s services and programs, visit us at www.rupertsland.org
As the Client Resource Assistant (CRA), you will perform a variety of administrative support services including but not limited to: answering phones, greeting visitors, providing information about RLI programs and services, data-entry, filing, job search support and other administrative work as needed. The CRA updates and maintains job boards and labour Market Information in the resource area, assists self-serve clients, and provides administrative and clerical support for this office. The CRA assists in supporting clients with job search strategies such as assessing transferable skills, resume assistance and interview preparation.
· Greet visitors and answer phones in a professional and courteous manner; Provide accurate information regarding RLI programs & services in a clear, concise manner
· Provide one-on-one and group assistance to clients who are seeking employment support
· Direct incoming telephone inquiries to appropriate staff members
· Filing, archiving, word-processing, entering data, coordinating mail, and other support services as required
· Enter client data into internal KETO database
· Assist clients with resume and cover letter development, interview skills, link clients with employer postings where possible and provide other job search advice as appropriate.
· Liaise with employers to determine skill requirements for available jobs
· Network with employers and organizations to gather potential employment opportunities for clients
· Maintain the client resource and reception areas; Track office supply inventory
· Develop lists of community agencies and resources to refer clients with barriers
· Occasional travel as required
· Other duties as required
- Diploma in Human Services, Social Services, Career Development, or Office Administration and/or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the barriers facing Indigenous people in the labour market, specifically Métis; Have a genuine interest and respect for people from diverse backgrounds
- Highly organized, personable, and have the desire to help others succeed
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills (Experience writing resumes and professional correspondence)
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications – Word, Excel, Outlook; basic data entry and knowledge of computer maintenance.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with exemplary interpersonal, customer service, and ability to multitask
· Knowledge of FOIP, PIPA, other relevant privacy legislation
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
· A competitive salary
· A comprehensive employer- paid benefits plan including: life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental and vision
· Employer matching pension plan
· Generous flex days and vacation time
· Culturally rich working environment
· Continuous learning opportunities
· And other perks
To apply,please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] competition no. CRA- Edmonton.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person