Who we are: LANXESS is a leading speciality chemicals company with sales of EUR 6.1 billion in 2020. Situated on 23 acres, the West Hill manufacturing facility operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and houses offices, a research and development laboratory and a finished goods warehouse. The facility is registered under the ISO 9001 quality management and ISO 14001 environmental management standards.
What we do: Manufacture Grease and Specialty Additives. Our grease is used to keep machinery running smoothly in food processing, manufacturing, marine, power generation and many other industries. Our Specialty Additives and lubricants are used in automotive, marine and aviation oils, transmission fluids and fuels to enhance performance and extend engine life.
Why join our team:
- Join a great team of people
- Fully employer paid benefits — including health, dental, life, AD&D and disability insurances
- Physical Fitness Reimbursement
- Retirement Savings Programs
- Vacation, Sick and Floater days
- Employee recognition and reward programs
- Peer to peer recognition, Annual company performance program, Individual performance recognition, Safety and Performance Culture awards
- LANXESS is committed to Responsible Care®, a member of the local Toronto East CAER Team and an active member of CAP
What we are looking for:
- Mechanical engineering degree preferred, however consideration will be given to 10 years’ experience in a Maintenance leadership position with at least one trade ticket
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills; both orally and written
- Excellent problem solver, strategic thinker, with good independent judgement and initiative
- Able to analyze trends and develop creative solutions
- Project Management experience
Plant Maintenance Excellence Program
- Plan, schedule and implement a Plant Maintenance Excellence Program (including preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, plant shut-downs, maintenance of plant infrastructure, process safety and operational management) for mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- Manage the maintenance planning and scheduling processes to prioritize safety, quality, and schedule attainment in conjunction with the production and engineering departments. Ensure engineering and maintenance collaboration with the rest of the organization to increase equipment utilization.
- Manage site storehouse, ensuring parts, equipment and tools are maintained to sufficient levels to balance business continuity with cost.
- Maintain optimal maintenance staff and contractor levels based on current and future plants demands (within the allowable budget for salary personnel). Recruit staff as permitted, provide disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- At the appropriate frequency, evaluate the effectiveness of PPM and PdM, via content of the procedure and frequency of execution to optimize the process
- As necessary, represent the Area in Project Planning from the perspective of what is required from both and maintenance and reliability standpoint for successful long-term operation and the elimination of failures
- Conduct and or participate in the Failure Mode and Effect Analysis for new equipment at the design stage and assure the action items developed in this process are completed Work closely with Maintenance Mechanics and or Operators to improve techniques that adversely affect equipment and quality
- Provide maintenance leadership to support the manufacturing infrastructure. Communicate equipment status, initiatives and risks to other departments to meet the goals of the organization.
- Develop maintenance metrics and analyze key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement large scale corrective actions.
- Supervisory responsibilities include such items as safety, training, vacation scheduling, and administration of overtime and disability policies for their craftsmen. This role supervises mechanics, E&I technicians and contractors responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of various equipment across the site.
Develop Your Team
- Provide performance feedback to team and coach others on how to promote positive employee relations through effective conflict management and issue resolution.
- Assist Maintenance Crafts with the diagnosis of problems when appropriate. Perform this task as a teacher, to eliminate the need for future assistance under the same circumstance
LANXESS Canada is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation with respect to the recruitment and selection process, or with respect to the performance of the job, accommodation is available in accordance with the Company’s policies.